Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 22nd, 2016 11:00

Laptop WiFi causing interference with home network

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series and it was working just great.  It only has wireless networking capabilities.  Recently It started interfering with the rest of my home network in that I could not surf the internet on any of my other computers with the Dell laptop WiFi turned on.  The web sites would time out or I could not get to them.  Turn off the Dell WiFi and the other computers would surf just fine.  I tried uninstalling the WiFi adapter and rebooting the laptop.  Now it will not connect to my network.  I have tried a System Restore and it says there is a problem with the hard drive.  A CHKDSK /F did not fix the problem.  Any ideas?  

Greg

January 3rd, 2017 08:00

I ended up resetting my laptop by doing a clean install of Windows 10.  I wiped out all the settings and files and had to reload everything.  Luckily I had all my data backed up so I did not lose anything except time.  Everything has been working as expected since then.  I could have retain my files and settings but did not want to take the chance.  

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

January 3rd, 2017 03:00

Hi gregorykoelling,

Thanks for posting.

Have you been able to try a USB wifi adapter to see if the internal wifi card might be damaged?

April 23rd, 2020 05:00

My dell XPS 13  is causing disconnect while using a home network.  

3 Posts

September 22nd, 2022 07:00

i hope u actually answer..

do you have any idea how to restore windows 10 after my device downloaded windows 11?

No Events found!