Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2009 13:00

Latitude E6400 wireless and BT Home Hub

Does anyone know if there are any issues with the Latitude E6400 wireless and a BT Home Hub?

I have heard reports of wireless connection problems which have not been resolved and I wonder if this is limited to the Dell wireless card or if the Intel WiFi Link 5100 card?

I know of someone who wants to purchase an E6400 but is wary of problems connecting to a BT Home Hub.

Thanks

5 Posts

March 3rd, 2009 15:00

We've had issues with the wireless at my organization.  Some will connect to the wireless no problem, but most of them will not find the wireless.  For us it seems to be a setting for the Intel WiFi Link 5100 card.  This is the third wireless question I found today that sounds like it could be fixed by changing one setting that we have changed here.

In device manager under network adapters double click on Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN, this will bring up the properties page.  On the advanced tab under the Property field scroll to the bottom option called Wireless Mode.  To the right of that there is a Value field, uncheck Use default value and from the drop down menu select 802.11b and 802.11g and hit OK and close device manager.

After doing this and the wireless networks would come up just fine.  Another thing to look at and I tried, but changed back to just this one because it didn't seem to do anything, is change the default wireless aggressivness to a higher aggressivness.

No Events found!