Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

March 16th, 2006 05:00

MERLIN S620 WIRELESS CARD

I have the Merlin S620 Network Card and it works great. I did have a Problem at first but I continued to work with it.

(1) You must check both options to install both software options on the disk that is provided.
(2) reboot your system after it is complete twice.
(3) MOST IMPORTANT!!! DO NOT INSERT YOUR CARD INTO THE SLOT UNTIL ALL OF THE SOTWARE HAS COMPLETED INSTALATION OR THE CARD WILL NOT WORK. YOU MUST THEN REMOVE IT AND THE SOFTWARE AND START ALL OVER.
(4) TEMP TURN OFF THE INTERNAL WIRELESS CARD AND ANY VIRUS SOFTWARE. YOU MAY NEED TO UNINSTALL YOUR VIRUS SOFTWARE AND THEN REINSTALL ATERWARDS.

(5) CONTACT YOUR CARD SERVICE PROVIDER TO ACTIVATE YOUR CARD. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND OPEN THE CONNTECTION MANAGER AND THE ATTENDANT ON THE PHONE WILL WALK YOU THROUGH THE REST. We have a few Dell Models and the same card works very well in them all.
IF YOU STILL HAVE A PROBLEM CLICK START, NETWORK CONNECTIONS THEN YOU SHOULD SEE THE NOVATEL CARD LISTED, RIGHT CLICK THAT DEVICE AND CLICK DISABLE, CLOSE THE SPRINT CONNECTION MANAGER AND THEN RE-OPEN, THE WINDOW SHOULD SAY DISCONNECTED, CLICK GO AND IT SHOULD WORK FINE AFTER IS DISPLAYS CONNECTED. DO NOT CLICK THE (x) WHEN YOU FINISH, THAT CLOSES THE MANAGER, CLICK THE (-) TO MINIMIZE IT. YOU WILL SEE A ROUND GREEN CIRCLE AND SQUARE TO THE LEFT OF THE CLOCK. AT THAT POINT YOU ARE CONNECTED. I AM 100% CERTAIN THAT THIS WORKS, I AM USING IT NOW AND THAT IS ALL THAT I USE TO GET CONNECTED.

GOOD LUCK

Message Edited by HSMiner on 03-18-2006 10:29 PM

Message Edited by HSMiner on 03-18-2006 10:31 PM

4 Posts

March 18th, 2006 17:00

Could you please tell me how to change the NEC  PCI to USB open host controller to automatic.  I was able to disable my wireless card but did not know how to do the PCI to USB step.  My inspiron did not see the card.  Thank you for your help.

4 Posts

March 19th, 2006 01:00

nhmrm, email me at hminer@adt.com

If it is not too late, I will walk you through it. It is now 10:48PM EST

4 Posts

March 19th, 2006 02:00

I learned something new on Friday. Click start, settings and then network connections. You should see the Novaltel Card listed. Highlight it and right click the novatel device and click Disable. (2) close that window and open the Sprint Manager that you installed. It should say disconnected. Then click GO. If you have already enterd the information in the activation wizzard, it will eventually say connected within about a 15-45 seconds. If not, then click Menue in the upper left corner of the connection manaer screen, then, settings, then Sprint PCS Vision-Novatel Wireless, then click Activation Wizzard and re-enter the reqired info, Hopefully you Wrote it down when you first called in to active. This should solve your problems.

Message Edited by HSMiner on 03-18-2006 10:19 PM

4 Posts

March 19th, 2006 22:00

Thank you for your posting and I do appreciate your help. My problem seems to be that it will not install the driver for the card, it just doesn't see it. Did yours install the driver without a problem?  I have read on the board others are saying that it is not compatable with the Dell card slot, I am confused!

I followed your posting and uninstalled all the software, reinstalled all the software, restarted the system twice. Before I inserted the card I turned off my virus software and disabled my internal wireless card, still it did not see the card. Very frustrating, any ideas?

I should also say that I have an HP laptop that uses the card and was very simple to install. It is what I now use for my internet connection. I wanted the card to work on my son's Dell as a backup, but......

4 Posts

March 20th, 2006 15:00

All is not lost. Don't give up yet. You are so close. Contact the Advanced Technical Support for Sprint at 888.211.4727 you can ask directly for Charles. Charles can walk you throught this very quickly. He is the best. If he cannot get you going then give up. Chales actually was the technician that corrected the same problems that you are having with my computer and it took him less than 15min to complete. I was directed to Charles by Nextel/Sprint Corporate Offices here in VA.

4 Posts

March 20th, 2006 21:00

Thanks I will call them and ask for Charles.  I will be sure to post and let you know how it goes but it may be a few days before I can get the time to do it.   

1 Message

March 25th, 2006 01:00

I have a Dell Latitude D600 with the the A16 BIOS revision. I have purchased the EVDO wireless data access card from Sprint. At the suggestion of Sprint technical service, I have tried the Airlink, Novatel, and UT Starcom PC5740 cards because they all have the same problem: All of the cards lock-up the computer when I insert them when the Sprint Connection Manager software directs me to insert the card. This occurs whether I use the software supplied with the card or the latest software from the manufacturer websites. I have tried this after installing the software, restarting twice, turning off internal wireless, and my antivirus program. When the computer freezes, it never reaches the point where it installs driver for the cards. I have conferred with Dell service and run the diagnostics on the PCMCIA port and it checks out in this test.

Note:  This problem was resolved by replacing the motherboard, thanks to the excellent Dell warranty.

Message Edited by grdowling on 04-07-200604:58 PM

4 Posts

March 26th, 2006 13:00

Well I spoke to Sprint's advance technical support and they told me my B120 Inspiron was not compatible with the card.  This is my first Dell and I must admit I am disappointed in it and will probably stick with my HP from now on.  Thanks for the help, but I think I will find a way to use the card with my desktop, less hassle.
No Events found!