Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 12th, 2008 12:00

Microsoft 8000 presenter mouse

I purchased a Microsoft 8000 presenter mouse and I cannot get it to work with the internal bluetooth in my laptop.  When I use the supplied Bluetooth transceiver, it works fine.  When I run the Connection Wizzard, it tells me the "Authenication for ...... went wrong."

Does anyone know how I can get this mouse to work with the internal Bluetooth?

Thanks,

Jeff

4 Posts

March 12th, 2008 12:00

I forgot to put this in:

My computer is a Latitude D630 running XP SP2.

Jeff

14 Posts

March 12th, 2008 16:00

I have the same mouse which I use with my XPS M1710 laptop running Media Center 2005. I had the same problem until I started the Bluetooth Wizard and selected the second choice ( I don't remember wha the verbage is). On the search screen that follows before you select "search for devices" you must hold the discover button on the bottom of the mouse. Hold it until the wizard finds it.

About once every 3 months or so my laptop just looses the mouse so I must go through this proceedure again. I have had to do the search up to 3 times before the Wizard finds it....that I don't understand.

Hope this resolves your problem.

Rogar

4 Posts

March 13th, 2008 12:00

Thanks for the reply Rogar.  I tried that, but the result is the same.  The bluetooth wizzard finds the mouse and attempts to connect, however, it requests a PIN number and no matter what I enter, it won't finish the connection.  I called Dell and they said there is a fix but since I didn't buy the mouse from them, they would charge me $129 for a Second Party software fix.  Gee, thanks for the help.

The mouse works great as long as I plug in the receiver that came with it.

If there are any other ideas, I would appreciate the help.

Jeff

1.5K Posts

March 13th, 2008 23:00

I have the Microsoft IntelliMouse Bluetooth Explorer.

On the D800 (Bluetooth Stack/Driver by Widcomm) you use the Setup Wizard and the second 'radio dot' is "I want to find a specific...." and before click of Next>, you must hold the button on the underside for 5 seconds to put it in Discover mode, then when it is seen on next screen, highlight it and click Next> and if it asks, select "Skip" Pairing.

Microsoft wants "Pairing" on Keyboards, but on Mice, they allow no pairing.

On my D830 (Bluetooth Stack/Driver by Toshiba, before using "Add new Connection (custom), you must open Options, Security and either open "Custom Level" and on Security Setting of Mouse (HID) remove both check marks or select the Low Security setting, which will remove All Pairing for All services. click Apply and then Add Connection. Same Discovery mode on Mouse required.

Art

4 Posts

March 14th, 2008 00:00

Thanks Art!!

Removing the checkmark on both of the mouse security settings was the key.  Everything seems to be working now.

Jeff

1 Message

June 10th, 2008 15:00

I found another way:

Keeping the second lowest security level for Bluetooth connections in Windows XP, I included the PIN 0000 in the check box and it worked.

But, of course, you have to type it in always the Microsoft 8000 presenter mouse is switched off and on again.

Security helps?

Usually unnecessary, if you are in your office or at home. Then take the first solution.

Carsten

14 Posts

February 5th, 2010 19:00

I have the same problem, until I started the Bluetooth wireless presenter laser and select the second option. Behind in the search screen, then select "device search" You must have found in the bottom of the mouse button. Hold it until the wizard found it.
Security, or open the "Custom Level" and the security settings to delete the wireless remote presenter check mark, or select a low security settings, will cancel all services to all matches.

No Events found!