Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2005 00:00

Microsoft Broadband Utility (wireless network)

Hello all! I just got my 4700c today with the SP2 integrated, and I cant seem to get it to hook up to my wireless network. I tried downloading one of the patches, but it didnt work. Anyone else have this issue? And if so, how did you fix it? Thanks!!!

4.4K Posts

March 19th, 2005 00:00

webb88,

You need to provide much more detail. Which wireless adapter do you have? What wireless access point or router do you have? What patch did you download, and what problem resulted from the download? Also, you'll likely get a better response if you post into either the Wireless Networking board or the  Dimension/Network board.

Jim

5 Posts

March 19th, 2005 01:00

Jim, the adaptor is an MN-510, connected to an MN-500 Base Station. I have one of these hooked up to a non SP2 XP OS, and it works great, and the one in question worked great as of this morning too. I'm struggling to find the patch I downloaded at the moment, but it was one supposed to fix the issue with IP ranges, I believe. Thanks!

4.4K Posts

March 19th, 2005 05:00

webb88,

In  another thread, you'd asked how to reinstall Windows XP, and were referred to Denny Denham's article on XP reinstallations, which in turn references a Dell article on using the Dell PC Restore Utility. Is that how you restored your system?

Did you buy the Microsoft USB wireless adapter as an accessory? I didn't know Dell included any wireless devices other than their own in their XP images. Did you download the most current drivers and firmware available from Microsoft? Did you install the wireless USB drivers before connecting the MN-510 to the system? That's usually the way USB devices need to be installed.

What changed between the time the MN-510 worked and when it failed? The only issue with IP ranges associated with SP2 that I'm aware of is this one. But why that would affect a USB wireless adapter I don't know.

Jim

3.2K Posts

March 19th, 2005 21:00

I use my MN710 ( the G version ) all the time on SP2 systems . . when I first plug it into the USB port is asks for drivers, I put the Microsoft CD that came with it in and it loads them . . after that I use the SP2 Wireless Zero Configuration after that . . not the program that came with the MN710.

wrs

No Events found!