Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 16th, 2015 06:00

My internet disconnects every 2 minutes

The problem is only in my laptop, because when i use other laptops this problem doesn't seen to appear. 

I tried to contact a Dell representative in a chat but i got a message saying that "Chat is not available for your Vostro 3460 (Early 2012) product". 

Who can help me to figure out what might be the problem?

Note: I'm using Windows 8.1, and it's up to date...

• 

16.7K Posts

January 16th, 2015 08:00

natandrori,

Click the links below for information to resolve the wireless issues you may be experiencing.

November 1st, 2015 10:00

Hi Jesse,

I tried to follow the steps you suggested but the problem still exist.

I think that it might be the Wi-FI adapter:

any suggestions? I tried to update the device/driver but it says that the device is up to date.

12 Posts

November 2nd, 2015 21:00

Nice Sharing I liked it. Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 4th, 2015 12:00

natandrori,

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Create a Power Plan

Select High performance.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

If the problem still exists, please run Network Interface and post the information back here.

natandr123123,

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Create a Power Plan

Select High performance.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Click on Advanced. Look for Antenna Diversity. Change the Antenna Diversity from Auto to Aux.

Windows key and x keys at the same time > device manager > advanced > bandwidth capability > change to 20/40mhz

Rick

November 4th, 2015 13:00

Wow! thanks a lot Rick.

I will follow these steps and will let you know if it works. 

Thanks again! :)

No Events found!