Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2006 10:00

Nvidia Network Adapter

I Have Verizon DSL. I can't connect two the internet. Verizon says it the network adapter.

1 Can I buy A USB Adapter

1 My warranty has run out can I update it

ATD

12K Posts

Your connection will be direct from the modem to the PC and use an ethernet cable.

Please post the results of an ipconfig /all when you make this connection.  Power everything down, power up the modem, wait 3 minutes, then the PC and then do the ipconifg scan.

From a Run Command type:

cmd and hit enter then type (and watch the spacing)

ipconfig /all >> C:\ipconfig.txt

Now go to your C drive and paste the results of that file here.

12K Posts

You need to rpovide a little more information about your setup.  We know you have a DSL modem, but it there a router involved also?

I have A DSL Modem No Router

Verizon Did that for me while I was On the phone with them. They say  Nvidia network adapter is the problem.

AYD

Dell XPS 600

Whould A update Fix the problem. I can download the update on my other computer and burn it than put in the Dell

ATD

12K Posts

Dude, I'm trying to help you so why is this so difficult?  That little text file will tell me a lot.

12K Posts

I can't help you until you answer my question, please.

7 Posts

January 1st, 2007 06:00

Or you can just right click on the "local area connection" icon on the lower right of your screen and click on "statu". go to support tab and you will see the ip address. you can also click on "details" to view the DNS server address.

January 1st, 2007 09:00

It says limited connection or no connectivity 100mpbs. The light on the Ethernet connection is on (THE  BACK OF THE PC)

1 Verizon says my network adapter is at fault

Am using another computer now

ATD

12K Posts

The results of an ipconfig /all would verify that.  Last post for me.

Good luck.

Verizon tried two change My IP addres No when I type ipconfig it reads no socket

ATD

7 Posts

January 1st, 2007 18:00

try to force  ethernet card to 10mbps / half duplex,  to do this right  click on the local area connection icon select properties, click on configure, go to advance look for link speed, highlight and change the value from auto detect to 10mbps / half.

make sure that the firewall is still disabled..

if still limited or no connectivity, power cycle pc and modem,

if still limited or no connectivity, click start>run> type netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt or
netsh int ip reset delllog.txt   black window will appear and disappear, restart computer,

if still limited or no connectivity, uninstall / reinstall the network card driver.

January 1st, 2007 20:00

Dell called me. The whole mother board has two be replaced

The Network Adapter is not A plug in. its intergrated into the mother board

ATD
No Events found!