Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2009 08:00

PLEASE HELP im in uk how do i get windows 7 if i dont have credit card

i registered and put my debit card details it says in order status shippinng on the 6th november but i dont think its gone through properly cause dell says u can only use credit cards is there anyone who recieved a windows 7 upgrade with a debit card transaction the amount i have to pay is £15

18 Posts

October 29th, 2009 08:00

I have emailed customer services and have also posted about the same issue here:

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19301157.aspx

So far Dell has suggested that I either get a friebnd to pay my fee or that I buy a pre-pay credit card.  I have asked why I can't just pay my shipping fee with the same debit card that I paid online for my laptop last month and someone called Jesse is going to raise the issue of alternative payment at a meeting this afternoon, apparently.

13 Posts

October 29th, 2009 09:00

what happened when u put debit card details in did it go to the order status screen and say processing then change to the shipping date

18 Posts

Oh no it didn't do that for me - looks like good news for you and your card has been accepted :)

Why not check your bank account to see if the money has been taken out, so you can be sure?

I think that if your debit card has a visa sign on it then it will be accepted.  Mine is maestro and wasn't.  I'm pleased for you that your problem is resolved though!

13 Posts

yeah it was a visa debit and the money has been taken out thanks for ur help hope dell sort ur problem out

No Events found!