Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2012 13:00

Serious internet problems: DNS server

"the computer is configured correctly but the device or resource (dns server) is not responding". I've tried all i can. PLease help i don't know what i can do.

I have Windows 7 and dell XPS 17. Thank you

3 Posts

November 15th, 2012 13:00

This error limit my conection to Internet

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

November 15th, 2012 21:00

Hi Daniel,

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Flush DNS:
- Click 'Start' icon and type 'cmd' (without quotations) in 'Search programs and files' text box
- Right click 'cmd' and click 'Run as an administrator'
- Click 'yes' to continue (command prompt window appears)
- Type ipconfig /flushdns (Tap )
- Restart the computer
- Open 'command prompt' window again and type 'ipconfig /registerdns' (without quotations)
- Tap < Enter >
- Restart the computer and re-check

2. If the issue persists, try updating the network card drivers:
- Click http://dell.to/Qnizfs to access the 'Download and Drivers' page
- Enter system's 'service tag' to access drivers for your computer
- Select correct 'operating system'
- Expand 'Network'
- Download and install the latest 'ethernet' and 'wireless' drivers
(If you need more support on finding the exact drivers for your laptop, please share the exact system model name and the operating system installed)

3. If the issue continues even after updating the network drivers, temporarily disable the anti-virus firewall. If using Mcafee, right click the Mcafee icon at bottom right corner of the screen (system tray) and select 'change settings'; Disable 'firewall' temporarily to check internet connection

4. If you still experience issues, please provide the following details:
- Click 'Start' icon and type 'cmd' (without quotations) in 'Search programs and files' text box
- Right click 'cmd' and click 'Run as an administrator'
- Click 'yes' to continue (command prompt window appears)
- Type ipconfig /all
- Tap < Enter > (All network details of your laptop will show up on the command prompt window)
- Please paste these details in your post and we will take it forward

Also share the following details:
- Apart from the above mentioned steps, what more troubleshooting have you performed so far?
- Are you facing issues with the 'wireless connections' or with a 'hard wired' connection?
- If you have not tried using a 'hard wired connection', try plugging the laptop with the router/modem directly through an ethernet cable and check internet
- Which anti-virus software is installed in the computer?

Hope this helps. do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

3 Posts

November 16th, 2012 09:00

i have tried all you recommended me. Thanks for your help but I'm still with hard wired' connection.

A friend told me that by formating my computer the problem will dissapear. If i format my computer, how i can reinstall windows 7?

Thanks you again !

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 17th, 2012 12:00

Daniel95,

Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled

First power cycte your router/modems.

Power off your ISP modem/router and your wireless router(if any) for 30 seconds. Then power on the ISP modem/router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on the wireless router(if any)

Restart the computer and try to connect.

What happens?

If you still cannot connect...

Create a system restore point.

Go do Drivers & Downloads enter your ervice tag, then select your operating system. Under network, download the drivers for your network adapter and save it to your desktop.

Start, control panel, device manager, network adapter, right click on your wireless adapter, left click uninstall. Tell it to remove the drivers and software.

Restart your computer.

When you log back in to your unrestricted account, the new hardware wizard will try to install the wireless adapter and fail. Install the drivers that you save to your desktop.

What happens?

If you still cannot connect, can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER, if using XP, run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

Also include the virus program and firewall you're using.

Rick

1 Message

September 27th, 2017 06:00

Hi Saurabh A,

I know it´s a really old post here, but I had exactly the same problems as Daniel95.

With your first point and the instructions I solved the problem. Thanks for this.

But now I have a short question: Do you know for what reason such a problem can appear?!

Because this took me a lot of time and nerves...

I look forward to a response from you. Thanks in advance ;)

Best regards

Andi

No Events found!