Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

July 22nd, 2008 12:00

Toshiba Bluetooth evaluation period expired!

Hello.  I have a D610 Laptop with integrated Bluetooth and Wifi.  Lately, I have been getting this popup: "Thank you for evaluating the Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba.  The evaluation period has expired.  Please obtain a license for this version of Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba."

I had called Gold Support last week and was asked to download/install the driver from the support downloads site and then download/install the patch as well.  That did not help because it is still popping up on me!  The bluetooth manager does not come up when this popup shows.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance.

1.7K Posts

July 22nd, 2008 16:00

What driver version do you currently have installed (check the Driver Details in Device Manager)?

20 Posts

July 22nd, 2008 20:00

There are four Bluetooth devices drivers:

RFBNEP: Ver 4.0.823.0 dated 8/23/2005

RFBUS: Ver  4.0.826.0 dated 8/26/2005

RFCOMM: Ver 4.0.801.0 dated 8/1/2005

RFHID: Ver 4.0.903.0 dated 9/3/2005

I downloaded the driver package R115564.EXE from Dell, then the patch.

1.7K Posts

July 22nd, 2008 21:00

I'm not sure why that driver would be giving you the error about the trial being over, as it looks like you have the correct version installed.  Based on that, and past experience with the Bluetooth drivers on Latitudes, my recommendation would be to uninstall th ebluetooth software from your system complete (Add/Remove Programs, then when it completes check Device Manager to make sure no bluetooth entires are left, removing them if they are) then, without rebooting, reinstall the A15 driver (the file you list in your post) and the patch if you need it.  Once the software/drivers are installed restart the system and run the Bluetooth Configuration Wizard.  Everything -should- be working correctly at that point.  If it isn't then post back with what happened ...

56 Posts

December 19th, 2008 12:00

I've got the same problem ... and I just uninstalled & reinstalled the driver.

10 Posts

December 25th, 2008 20:00

Hi

When you uninstalled and reinstalled, did the problem resolve or remain?

10 Posts

December 25th, 2008 22:00

Larry,

Several  months ago you replied in this thread to a user who had trouble with Dell drivers for a Toshiba bluetooth stack installed in a Latitude D610.  I have essentially the same problem using a D600 and I request your comment or feedback similarly.

I had been using the Toshiba stack/driver on a D600 and it stopped working after evaluation period.  I had thought that Dell had not obtained from Toshiba and released to Dell users a license for the Toshiba stack, but upon running the installer R115564 I saw that it was intended to install the Toshiba stack. I pproceeded but the install failed and aborted with a message that no chipset was found.

My question is:  should the installer R115564 setup properly on a Latitude D600?  If yes, then I have a hardware problem or registry corruption.

If no, does Dell provide a driver that installs the Toshiba bluetooth stack on a D600?

Thanks in advance for any help you provide.

MichAz

1.7K Posts

December 26th, 2008 13:00

As far as I know both the D600 and D610 use the same bluetooth card and software.

56 Posts

January 9th, 2009 16:00

When you uninstalled and reinstalled, did the problem resolve or remain?

Yes, it remains.

I tried scrubbing all indications of the driver from the registry ... and I got it to work a bit ... but it clearly indicates the driver is in trial mode.

When I hover over the bluetooth icon I see the message "Evaluation version ... The evaluation has 24 days remaining."

david

1 Message

January 13th, 2009 13:00

Seems to be the same with the Latitude D820 Running XP Pro.  I have to reinstall the eval version every 30 days.  After doing some surfing on the subject it seems that Toshiba does not offer a licensed version.  I did find a version a while back that did not have the licensing problem but can't seem to locate it now.

56 Posts

March 13th, 2009 20:00

FWIW: I solved the problem by uinstalling the driver and reinstalling the version that came with my laptop ... it appears that the driver you download from Dell only has a trial license, but the version that is shipped with the computer has a permament license.

2 Posts

April 2nd, 2009 12:00

I'm having the same issue with a latitude d510.  There is a support bulletin at toshiba (linked below) that says the error can appear  when toshiba stack is used with non-toshiba hardware and their recommendation is to use the bluetooth software provided by the manufacturer. Well in this case we are all using dell-provided software (which happens to use toshiba stack). So I think this is something Dell needs to fix and provide an update for...

toshiba's bulletin on this:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/bulletin.jsp?soid=1846427

3 Posts

May 9th, 2009 09:00

This is a strange world... Using the original version because the update from Dell does not work ?!

I should expect Dell will supply a new driver ASAP! One that works. I have M6300 without a working bluetooth!

Most modern applicances support bluetooth and I still have to use cables to connect...

Dell, provide us a working solution!

3 Posts

May 12th, 2009 23:00

Im the I.T Manager of a Multinational company, and 34 users from different offices around the world are seeing this same message that their bluetooth is expiring and for some it expired and they are unable to use it. They are all using Latitude D630. This is very serious and we need a solution ASAP.

3 Posts

May 13th, 2009 00:00

I am back... (Sorry, saw the Schwarzenegger last night in his former role)

After the last post of Weees, I did a check and did a search on this community on "Toshiba bluetooth license".
It scared me how many hits there are on this matter!

I know there are Dell employees watching the fora. Is there just somebody that can tell us the status?
And / or what we sould do to get the attention this needs?
That first step would be awsome!!! Leaving us in the dark will NOT help.

Guido

3 Posts

May 13th, 2009 06:00

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling using the drivers that came with the original package and for now it seems to be working, If I get the expiring message again, I will let you guys know. But for now this seems like the only solution (even if its temporary)

No Events found!