Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2012 12:00

Wifi connection problem in Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop

Sir,

I am using Dell Inspiron N5110 for 9 months.Everything is working fine.But there is only one problem in my Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop ,that whenever I start my laptop instead of taking automatic Wifi connection it is taking manually.Every time I have to goto connect option.But Whenever I connect It says that adaptar not found ,When I click troubleshooting then it says Turn off your router and again turn on.Every time i have to do  this then connection starts.Why this happening in my laptop.Please ,give me the solution.I will be thankful to you.

20 Posts

November 25th, 2012 23:00

Hi nice to hear from you.No,My problem has not been solved.I think this modeil is having problem.Sine beginning onwards I am facing same problem.I tried many methods those discusses in this forums but Still same problem is there.My Laptop is 

dell Inspiron N5110.Sometimes it work fine but after some times connection get lost.Whenever I troubleshhot then it tells that switch off the router and turn again and I do the same and wifi connects.
Every time i cant do this.I am fed up with this problem. When I surf net in between again connection goes down.I am having 4 other brand laptop.They dont show this problem in the same wifi router.
Thanks. 

2 Posts

November 26th, 2012 08:00

I also have the Dell Inspiron N5110 and ditto for every solution you tried.  I am completely fed up.  My computer has been having this problem since the day I bought it and I should have returned it when I had the chance!  If Dell does not fix this I will never buy another Dell.

My computer is still under warranty so I am going to attempt to get help from Dell again.  I read online that someone had Dell replace their Intel 1030 with a 6230 and that solved their problem.  ??  I am going to request that Dell do that for my computer.

I will let you know if I get it resolved.

20 Posts

November 26th, 2012 10:00

I have been also to the dell disributor and they told me show what is the problem.i explained my problem that Every time my dell laptop disconnects.and then I have to swith offf the router.then again it takes connection whereas in another brand it is not happening.

They connected with their wifi and it connected and working nicely.They told me unless i get same problem here I cant  fix it.They told me there might be router problem.

But I have already all my router property in this forum.All the post have been removed.I think there were 14 post regarding this i have discussed in this forum.I have done what the dell customer care said but problem is still there.

If you are having the same problem you go and exchange it if you are facing the problem otherwise change router and check if it is working in this or not.

64 Posts

December 27th, 2012 06:00

Dell needs to provide wifi alliance certified products right from lower model to vostro series as its currently provided only in Latitude series ,the problem here is that WLAN card that are not wifi alliance certfied have more problem and higher returns .

You may check the other brand of laptop by having the card model number checked they would be having wifi alliace certified and hence there are no problem in connectivity.You may check for a vaio product that all their laptops have a wifi alliance certified

8 Posts

December 27th, 2012 12:00

sir 

i am using inspiron n4050 with windows 8 

whenever i turn my computer on my laptop can't find my wifi connection. When i troubleshoot, it says i have a problem with network adapter or access point 

i am not too much familiar with technical terminologies and i am facing alot of inconvenience plz help me rectify my problem thanks

sometimes  i get the wifi working but that is only after i switch of and switch on my wireless router 

8 Posts

December 27th, 2012 12:00

sir i am using dell inspiron n4050 with windows 8 and my laptop can not find any wifi connection on troubleshooting it si displayed that there is a problem with wireless adapter or access point plz help me

1 Message

February 24th, 2013 22:00

i have also same problem, i am using Inspiron 14z. This problem is quiete frustrating, I almost had to wait 20-25 mins before I get get wireless connection and in between I cannot access many applications such as(control panel > Admin Services). while I was googling, I looked at this post, no solution but atleast some one mentions a possible cause.

answers.microsoft.com/.../1e1fa66a-a05c-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

if any body has a solution, please share. I will do same if I find one.

on a Note to Dell: Really the dell support must be active to find a true solution on this problem then users as multiple users has encountered same issue.

1 Message

April 8th, 2013 23:00

Hi, I have a dell inspiron n5110, for some reason it all of a sudden just stopped connection to the internet wirelessly but would connect via and Ethernet cable. I have researched this and and struggling to get it sorted. I have managed somehow to connect again via the ethernet cable but still no wireless connection.

In my device manage it says network controller with a yellow exclamation mark but when I try to re install or update the driver it says the driver was not installed correctly. When I go to my internet connection or to set up a internet connection it does not even show any wirless conections.

I have made sure that the wireless connection is on and have eventurned it off and on to see if it would connect but I am guessing that it is a problem with this netwprk driver.
Please could someone help as I am at a complete loss now and have tried to download drivers from the MSI website but still no luck.

driver name :R292450 which i downloaded.

Many thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 9th, 2013 03:00

krushnadvs,

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER and post the information back here.

Rick

7 Posts

April 14th, 2013 03:00

I think once you have set the zero connection for WiFi.For that reason that not take automatically of you have to set that manually.Another reason might be the driver problem.Some driver which are available in internet might be not contain the complete file that's why a same driver download from one site work where the same driver upload from another site not work.These two happened with me and that's why i also faced the same problem like you earlier.If still that not resole try to reload os or format the system once hope that will solve your problem.That problem not only come with dell laptop even that come come with other branded laptop also.

1 Message

July 1st, 2015 13:00

I did these steps but it's says its correctly configured but the device or resource DNS Server is not responding How can I fix that ?

No Events found!