Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2012 01:00

Wired adapter is not showing in network adapters

Dear All,

I am using Dell Inspiron N4010 for more than a year now. It was running good. At office i am using wi -fi and at home i was using through cable connection. 

Fer last few days my wired connection was not working and i got all cable checked and replaced, but could not solve the problem. Then i found that in device manager, network adapters, its not showing and wired adapter. Only wi-fi and blue tooth adapters are there. I can still connect to internet at office via wi fi but its not working at home now with wired connection.

I am not able to understand how it stops working and why its not showing in device manage (Network adapters).

Yes one more thing i want to disclose is that earlier i have only one drive i.e. c drive wich few days back i compressed and created another drive. I dont know whether this is the culprit or what???

Please help me out......

Roop

565 Posts

October 30th, 2012 02:00

Hi Roop,

We can troubleshoot this issue by checking few settings in BIOS. Please follow the below mentioned steps: 

1. Check in BIOS if Integrated NIC is enabled.
  2. To go to BIOS, power off the computer.
  3. Power on the computer and tap F2 at Dell logo.
  4. Go to Advanced tab.
  5. Locate Integrated NIC and ensure that it is enabled.
  6. Save changes and exit.
  7. Restart the computer and check in device manager if Ethernet Adapter is available.
  8. In device manager, please check if there is any exclamation sign under Other Devices.
  9. If yes, install the Ethernet drivers from the following link: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-14r?driverId=D1KK4&osCode=W764&fileId=2731092731

Please post back the results.

3 Posts

October 30th, 2012 03:00

Dear Madhur,

Thanks for reply. I checked and found that it is already enabled.. In device manager ethernet adapter is still not there. 

Please advice.

Roop

565 Posts

October 30th, 2012 05:00

Hi Roop,

One last thing that can be done is to update the BIOS on the computer.To update the BIOS on the computer, the adapter and the battery needs to be connected to the computer. Providing the link for BIOS update: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-14r?driverId=FXVYN&osCode=W764&fileId=2731102886

If issue persists, then the issue might be with the Ethernet port and needs a replacement. I request you to private message the system service tag number. To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation.

Alternatively, you can check warranty status online. Click the link below: http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/TroubleShooting/ProductSelector

If the computer is not in warranty please contact spare parts sales for the pricing information of the Motherboard. I have attached the link for the contact information for spare parts sales: sales (the link is for USA):

Please revert back for clarification.

3 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 05:00

Thanks again...but it also did not work. So finally i got a USB ethernet adapter ...now problem is solved.....its working good...

No Events found!