Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 3rd, 2013 06:00

Wireless headset could not be set as default

Dear Friends,

I have PLT_BB903+ headset which I was able to paired with my latitude e6430, however, upon setting it as my default playback the option of having it as default is disable:

I have tried to connect it but seem to have a problem which I could not able to connect.

All the drivers (audio & Bluetooth) are updated

Dell Latitude E6430 core i7

Windows 7 x64

with my previous laptop Lenovo T400 that was with Win 7 x64, I did not encounter such problem, just simple pairing, add and make as a default and my wireless headset ready to use.

Comments and suggestion to solve my issue is highly appreciated.

September 5th, 2013 05:00

Dear friends,

I have solved my problem by updating my Bluetooth driver (Network_Application_9CP1N_WN_6.5.1.4000_A02), my Bluetooth headset works as expected. I was able to change the sound default and use my devices.

thank you so much to all of you for the efforts to solve my issue.:emotion-21:

Special thanks to:

Jim :emotion-21:

Rockstar Rick :emotion-21:

Shenthil :emotion-21:

Maxd :emotion-21:

more power to all of you guys....:emotion-22:

September 3rd, 2013 07:00

Hi underscore2000,

I am sorry about the situation, I do see a another headset symbol in the screen shot, please let me know if there is any other wireless or Bluetooth headset is connected? In case there is another headset connected, please disconnect it and check if the PLT_BB903 headset is connected and click on set default.

Hi underscore2000,

I am sorry about the situation, I do see a another headset symbol in the screen shot, please let me know if there is any other wireless or Bluetooth headset is connected? In case there is another headset connected, please disconnect it and check if the PLT_BB903 headset is connected and click on set default.

Hi underscore2000,

Hi Senthil,

there was no other wireless headset is connected. I tried to highlight the Bluetooth hands free audio, but set default is still unchangeable.

thank you Senthil

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

Hi underscore2000,

Hi Jim,

Yeah, it is not connected and it is not Bluetooth headset.

thanks Jim

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

Hello. I "think" Senthil S is asking about the item in the bottom of your screen shot that appears to be another headset.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 4th, 2013 08:00

underscore2000,

On some systems, Dell has different software for Bluetooth. See if you can access the menu I have in this Wiki...

Bluetooth connection and pairing

I was thinking that the connection would need established before login, but you said this worked on another system. Each system has different bluetooth devices. My current system has the settings for bluetooth, but I have seen other models that do not have these settings, making the bluetooth connection for file transfer, but cannot remember if they have settings for connecting bluetooth to use the speakers.

Rick

2.4K Posts

September 4th, 2013 18:00

Hope this is relevant.

http://soundingboard.plantronics.com/thread/22033

September 4th, 2013 22:00

thanks Maxd, I have read the tread however I do not have problem with pairing, my Bluetooth is being paired and added to my device. I don't know which one is giving me trouble. I have updated the sound driver, Bluetooth driver but still I could not have my Bluetooth work.

there must be a sort of conflict between my Bluetooth head set and Bluetooth hands-free audio driver.

nevertheless thanks again Maxd

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 5th, 2013 05:00

Hello. Your Sound properties says that the headset is not connected. Did you connected it?

Start>Control Panel>Devices and Printers>your Bluetooth headset>Connect

What is the name of your headset? What happened with Rockstaer Rick's advice?

September 5th, 2013 06:00

I will mark it as advised.

thanks Jim

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 5th, 2013 06:00

Great!

Sorry I accidentally cross-posted with you.

Please mark your last post as the verified answer to make it easier for others to find your solution.

No Events found!