Highlighted
Bailie05
1 Copper

XPS 15 L502X Intel (R) Wifi Link 1000 BGN wifi not working

Hi All My router broadcasts at 5GHz and 802.11n and despite having a an up-to-date Inetl(R) Wifi Link 1000 BGN driver teh computer does not recognise the network. I googled and this appeared to be a lot of peoples problems, people who are offering remedies by buying a wireless adpater. http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/140439-intel-r-wifi-link-1000-bgn-wireless-internet-wont-work.html Personally I don't want to do that. If anyone can help me find an updated driver or something I would really appreciate it!!!!!!! Kind Regards, Bailie05
0 Kudos
5 Replies
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: XPS 15 L502X Intel (R) Wifi Link 1000 BGN wifi not working

Bailie05,

Inetl(R) Wifi Link 1000 BGN worke on the 2.4GHz band.

You'll need to drop your wireless router to the G mode to connect the computer.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
Bailie05
1 Copper

Hi Rick, Cheers for that - does that mean that the network adapter will ONLY work on 2.4GHz?  Would there be any way around getting the network adapter to work on 5GHz or would I have to install a new adapter?

The issue with the g setting is that we had tried it but the flat I live in has so much g interference from other routers in neighbouring apartments that we have to use the n setting for our devices otherwise the internet speed is very poor.

KR,

Mark

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Mark,

Yes the adapter will work on the 2.4GHz (Wireless G as we know it) ONLY. If the companies used the IEEE 802.11 - Wikipedia Standards, the consumer wouldn't be so confused. MOst people see it has wireless N but don't read that it works only on the 2.4GHz band, causing these issues.

Did you try these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I used channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier. Channels 1, 6 or 11 seem to work the best.

If you get a wireless N adapter, make sure it works on the 5GHz band.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
Bailie05
1 Copper

Cheers Rick - I'll give the recommended router settings a go and get back to you

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

Bailie05,

Yes, let me know how you make out.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos