Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2015 18:00

XPS 8700 Upgraded to Win 10 and lost the network adapter

I upgraded to windows 10 and when the upgrade was complete my network adapter disappeared (Realtech).  I rolled back to Win 8.1 but it  did not reinstall.  I tried to install the driver to no avail.  It does not appear in the Device manager and the light at the back is not lit.  Any ideas?  Worked fine prior to the upgrade since this is the connection used for the upgrade.

16 Posts

August 19th, 2015 09:00

hi how long dose the upgrade take for windows 10  i had it upgradeing  to windows 10  on my dell laptop 1545  but now it is not   up gradeing its been up grading for a week  can you tell me if you know thank you mj

2 Posts

August 20th, 2015 15:00

It took over 12 hours to download the upgrade.  Once it was downloaded it took about 40 minutes for the upgrade to complete.

16 Posts

August 20th, 2015 18:00

thank you    i had windows 10  on my dell laptop  1545  but i did something and now i can not get it back  it say i am off line do you know how i can get it back?

1 Message

October 3rd, 2015 18:00

I had the same thing happen to me.  I found a suggestion online somewhere to shut down the PC, then pull the power plug, then press the start button a couple times, re-plug in and the restart.  This worked for me -- after the restart my network adapter came back.  Hope that works for you!

No Events found!