Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2015 01:00

XPS 8700 periodically disconnecting from the Internet. Any idea why?

It really is disappointing as this is a brand new computer and this isn't an issue that I was expecting to encounter - certainly not so soon.

I've used my new computer a handful of times since receiving it a approximately a week ago (maybe two) and haven't used it for more than two hours each time that I've been on it. Anyhow, it periodically loses connection to the internet for no reason that I can think of. It's very strange.  It needs to be said that my internet connection (modem) is still connected to the Internet during these periods when my computer loses its connection; my computer just looses the connection for some reason. It's very odd. Can someone explain why this is and how to prevent this from happening in the future if possible? This never happened with my laptop (which I still use.)

Is it possible that it's because I sometimes have both of my computers (laptop and new XPS) on and connected to the Internet simultaneously? I wouldn't thinks so, but maybe?  Both my XPS and laptop computers are wirelessly connected to the Internet.

Computer specs:

Windows 8.1

XPS 8700

4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 processor (8M Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)

16 GB DDR3L, and 2 TB hard drive with 7.200 1/min if relevant.

I am a complete computer novice so please keep that in mind should you offer any suggestions or solutions. (c:  Thanks.

• 

16.7K Posts

February 25th, 2015 05:00

myamanashi,

Click the link below and perform the fix to see if it will correct your connectivity issues with Windows 8.1.

How to Fix Limited Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue in Windows 8.1

10 Posts

February 25th, 2015 07:00

Okay, thanks. However, I need to know how to rollback my drivers to the one that's installed with Windows 8.1.  Can you tell me how to?

No Events found!