Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 7th, 2016 22:00

XPS13 9350 Wireless Stopped Working Suddenly

I've had the machine for roughly 30 days, and it worked fine.  Suddenly today, the wireless stopped working.  I'm running Windows 10.  In Device Manager, the Broadcom 802.11 adapter is failing, with the error message "This device has failed and is undergoing a reset. (Code 54)".  The driver version is 1.555.0.0.

Please advise on how to further diagnose the problem, and/or fix it.  

1 Message

April 18th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

I had the same thing happen to someone using a Dell XPS 13 9350.

I went in the BIOS settings and disabled Bluetooth from the wireless device and wifi worked again. Obviously if you need your laptop to be Bluetooth-enabled that solution isn't ideal but in the meantime it's better than nothing.

Hope this helps.

April 18th, 2016 21:00

Thanks, that worked!

1 Message

December 19th, 2016 23:00

I have the same issue with my XPS 13.

Disabling blue tooth did not help.

Contacted Dell tech support and this was troubleshooting steps they provided:

I see that during the start-up, the wireless card is not able to initialize properly. We will perform few troubleshooting steps which will help us in either resolving or isolating the cause of the issue.

Method 1: Wireless card reset

> Press Windows logo key at the bottom left corner+ "X" simultaneously
> Click on Command Prompt(Admin)
> In the command prompt, press enter after running every command:
1. "netsh winsock reset"
2. "netsh int ip reset"
3. "ipconfig /release"
4. "ipconfig /renew"
5. "ipconfig /flushdns"

Close the command prompt and restart the system. If the issue is nor resolved, follow the next step

Method 2: Driver rollback

> Right Click on Windows icon -> Select Device manager
> Click on network adapter
> Right click on 1820 wireless card and select properties
> In the Properties window for the device, click the driver tab
> From the Driver tab, tap or click the roll back Driver button
> Click the Yes button to the "Are you sure you would like to roll back to the previously installed driver software?" question
> Restart the system and check the status

For me method 1 fixes the issue temporarily. after an hour the error comes back. need to ship it to dell.

1 Message

April 23rd, 2020 06:00

I'll add on here that my Latitude 7400 2-in-1 suddenly lost the ability to connect to bluetooth devices (as far as I could tell, WiFi worked fine). This included headphones and mice, and there was no obvious "enable/disable" bluetooth button in settings (I'm on Windows 10). In device manager, under

Bluetooth > Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)

there was a warning and the properties of this device indicated a device status of "this device has failed and is undergoing a reset". A restart of the system didn't help, but running through @romankul 's 4 cmd prompt steps in Method 1 seemed to have done the trick on my system.

No Events found!