Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

May 3rd, 2013 05:00

internet connection that requires 802.11n speed

Dear all,

I have Dell Studio XPS i5 laptop (64 bit) with DELL Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini Card (version 5.30.21.0 from 1.10. 2008). I recently subscribed for an internet connection that requires 802.11n speed. As my wireless card does not support it what are my options here. Is there a magical link to update my card and start gaining from the maximum speed (30 Mbps or higher if I want) or I have to change the card by buying/installing a new one...

Thank you for your answer in advance...

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

May 4th, 2013 11:00

Hi tsvilenov,

You will either need to buy a new card that supports 802.11n mini card and replace the current card or purchase an external USB Wireless Adapter. You will also be able to use it with a Desktop, if required and a Netgear USB Adapter can be purchased from the following link:
http://dell.to/18EMcMY

Please let me know if you need further information.

9 Posts

May 5th, 2013 01:00

Thank you Ratajh

before I buy it is possible to change the internal card in home environment or it is too complicated?

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

May 7th, 2013 17:00

Hi tsvilenov,

Thank you for your reply. You can replace the card in the home environment if you are comfortable with the disassembling and assembling of laptop hardware with proper tools. You can refer the manual for information and can be downloaded from the following link after punching in the Service Tag:
http://dell.to/QjjZDA

Please let me know if you need further information.

9 Posts

May 9th, 2013 00:00

I am currently struggling to find a simulation video so I can see how the mini card look like and how I can basically change it with a new one, then I will need a link with good quality compatible mini cards for Window 7 where I can buy one. Do you think you can help me with this. My Laptop is DELL Studio XPS 1647.

Thanks in advance once again!

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

May 9th, 2013 13:00

Hi tsvilenov,

Thank you for your reply. You can refer the service manual for information on how to replace the wireless card. The service manual in PDF can be downloaded from the following link:
http://dell.to/130Td7I

Dell Wireless 1520 (802.11 a/b/g/n) WLAN Half-Height mini-Card is compatible with Studio XPS 1647. You can purchase this card from the following link:
http://dell.to/12hfTTm

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

9 Posts

May 10th, 2013 01:00

Hi Rajath, this is really helpful thanks. The only thing is - maybe a bit stupid - but I cannot buy this on DELL website and put my Belgium address - the delivery is only for US. On the Belgium side of DELL I cannot find the same product and even if I can, I can put only an address in Luxembourg which is weird. Could you perhaps help me with this.

Thanks once again.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

May 10th, 2013 12:00

Hi tsvilenov,

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately, the card is not available for purchase in Belgium. I suggest you to buy an USB Wireless N Adapter from a local computer store.

9 Posts

May 11th, 2013 01:00

Hi Rajath,

is it possible to buy it and ship it to UK? I found this card - Wireless: EMEA Dell Wireless 1530 (802.11 a/b/g/n) Mini Card but I am not sure that it is compatible with my Laptop. Can you please confirm before I buy it or maybe recommend the appropriate link?

Thanks in advance.

May 11th, 2013 02:00

I never heard of a Internet service requiring wireless n.  have you tried logging in with the current card?

9 Posts

May 11th, 2013 05:00

Hi, no the problem is not the access to the internet, it is the N part in order to gain from the maximum speed provided.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

May 13th, 2013 15:00

Hi tsvilenov,

Thank you for your reply and for providing the details. Yes, the card is compatible as it is a mini-card and based on Dell Wireless 1520 technology.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

9 Posts

May 21st, 2013 11:00

Hi again,

I bought and have successfully installed this driver following your recommendation: http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=bsd&cs=ukbsdt1&sku=555-14014

now I have a problem with finding a software for Windows 7 (64 bit). Could you please provide me with a link where I can download it?

Thank you in advance

9 Posts

May 22nd, 2013 10:00

I meant that I installed the ship inside the laptop but it is not recognized by the laptop as I cannot install the driver. It is not compatible with my Windows?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

9 Posts

May 23rd, 2013 10:00

Hi Dell - Rajath N,

would be possible to help me with the above request as I installed the ship you recommended several days ago but cannot integrate it with the laptop. It cannot recognize it. I tried to install the software from the CD that came with it, then from internet and then from the devise manager but it says that it is not compatible with this system (W7 Pro 64 bit). Now, I guess there is a solution to this, I hope, as you recommended me this card before I bought it?

Thank you for your reply in advance.

No Events found!