Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2015 23:00

wifi connection but cannot get explorer or google chrome or anything to connect when with wifi

I can turn on and off my WiFi connection with Ctrl + F2, but I cannot get anything to connect to the internet. I can plug into the router with dsl line and then I can brows the internet easily. the wifi connection shows to be good (4 green bars). All other computers in home are using home wifi easily.

I have tried basic steeps suggested in general listing of troubleshooting

BIOS shows recognition of mini card

It all stopped working (all access to internet through wifi connection)one day after the laptop fell to the floor.

Microsoft cannot even send its error messages unless I plug into the router with DSL line.

Dell Inspiron B130 with XP OS

August 13th, 2015 00:00

With further research i found the solution to this problem without the help of any Dell associate.

in fact Dell associates really only seam to push your towards buying upgrading $ $ $ $

As I figured t would be, the solution was simple; go to device manager and uninstall the WLAN adapter. Restart computer....done .Restart forces laptop to reinstall automatically the adapter...... presto

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 12th, 2015 04:00

That system is from 2006 and Windows XP has reached end of life...

Since this happened after the laptop fell its likely a hardware issue, you should try reseating the wireless card and its two antennae.

August 12th, 2015 11:00

Yeh1,

thank you for the response.

Questions:

1. Any simple images or links of my computer that can guide me to reset these hardware pieces. i also have three of these computers (B130) ; one working and one for parts and this one with wifi problem.

2. Please help me conceptually understand the active recption of various wifi networks but then my computer is unable to allow the visiting signal into the computer. metaphore: i feel like I have a visitor (wifi signal) in the entrance hall of my house (computer) but all doors are locked to entrance hall.

a. which hardware piece allows the signal/visitor in to the entry hall; antena?.

b. which hardware piece opens the door to the entry hall (the wireless?)

Thank you,

Sean

No Events found!