Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 12th, 2016 06:00

N Series Switches SNMP info

I had a questions about snmp info from the N series switches.  Specifically an N3024 with the latest FW.

When I query the switch, or more so, add it to my monitoring systems, it pulls in all "link aggregate 1-128" ports, regardless if they are configured or not, as well, they reflect that the interface is down by default. 

If I were to "shut" the port, then they are recognized as "admin down", but now my config reflects 128 port-channels that are "shutdown" making my configs a little unruly.  

Are there any work arounds or commands to disable/hide the link-aggregate (port-channels) from either being included in the snmp scans, or hiding them from the configuration file when editing the switch configs?  

If you do a "show int des" every interface that is listed there is what snmp pulls into monitoring.  It seems silly to pull 128 interfaces that aren't configured, as well as not disabled.  I wouldn't think that would be the ideal "default" logic.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 12th, 2016 09:00

Even the older switches do this. I just checked on a PowerConnect 6248, and it exhibits the same behavior. I am not aware of a way to prevent it from showing the unused interfaces.

No Events found!