Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2017 09:00

N3024 Switch Configuration

I have recently purchased a Dell N3024 switch to replace an older Cisco switch and router combination that is no longer suppported plus, I did not have access to the CLI on that equipment as it was managed by a third party vendor that no longer exists.

I need help configuring the N3024.  I understand VLANS and can set that part up but what I am struggling with is configuring the various VLANS (see attached diagram) to route to the UTM firewall located on the N3024 layer 3 switch. 

Currently, the firewall resides in a seperate VLAN by itself.  I'm not sure if this is best practice or if I would be better off changing things going forward.

Any help, examples, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

1 Attachment

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 18th, 2017 08:00

The N3024 will need to have all of the VLANs created on it, and an IP Address assigned to the VLAN. Then ensure that ip routing is enabled on the switch.

Example:

# interface VLAN 5
# ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0
# exit
# ip routing

Once this is all done, devices should be able to communicate across VLANs. The next task is to direct traffic out to the firewall. We can do this using a static route.

# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.40.2

The firewall will also need a static route that directs returning traffic back to the N3024.

Hope this helps you get things configured, please let me know if you have any further questions. Or feel free to post up your current config and I can help look through it.

No Events found!