Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 16th, 2018 13:00

X1052 - configuring multiple ports at once to general mode

I am trying to see if there is a way to configure multiple ports at one time either through the CLI or through the GUI.

In the CLI I am unable to find the right syntax to get this done and I keep getting an invalid parameter

x1052P(config)#interface GigabitEthernet ??

In the GUI it seems like I can only do one port at a time and I have 50 ports to do so it's a bit time consuming.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 17th, 2018 05:00

General/Trunk mode is the setting you want to use for multiple VLANs. The CLI is limited, and the intention is for these switches to be managed via the GUI. There is a port profile feature that allows you to apply the port profile to multiple interfaces at once. Page 165 of the user guide goes into details about this feature and how to use it.

http://dell.to/2tjzSaU

11 Posts

January 16th, 2018 13:00

I forgot to add in my first email that I am looking to have 2 VLANS operate on every port on this X1052P switch 

VLAN 1 = default for data

VLAN 1720 = voip phone network

I believe I should be using "General" mode for this correct?

11 Posts

January 17th, 2018 08:00

Thank you for the reply back.

This will help

1 Message

February 27th, 2018 10:00

I went to page 165 in that manual and it shows me how to create a port profile but it does not show me how to apply that profile to multiple ports at one time?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 5th, 2018 11:00

Hey BuddyFarr, thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. It looks like perhaps the user guide may have some incorrect information. I went through the switch GUI and looked at the profiles, but I could not find a way to apply the profiles to a group of interfaces. The profiles are also preconfigured on the switch, I did not see a method of creating a new profile. If you see a way, please share.

I submitted an internal request to have the documentation reviewed and corrected.

1 Message

June 18th, 2018 06:00

Hi!

I had the same problem!

It's looks like the only way to work with group of ports is a wizard in right side of dashboard.

No Events found!