Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2010 11:00

Dell Photo printer 964

Need help with printer problem. Yesterday, I installed two new print cartridges and now the printer is not printing the blue color, so everything printed is reddish orange color.   I have checked all preferences and settings and somewhere along the line, it asked me if I wanted to dismiss the black cartridge. (The printer is only using the color cartridge at this time as far as I can tell.)  I didn't know what that meant and said yes and I guess that is when the problem started.  I was told by a computer guru that I needed to reinstall the printer from scratch. I have unplugged the printer, rebooted the computer and nothing helps with getting the correct color back for printing.  If I reinstall the printer, do I have to uninstall the printer first? and if so,, where do I uninstall the printer from?  I have the drivers and utilities for the printer.   Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated for this old timer.  Thank you so much.

For information, I am running Windows XP Professional, Model Dimension E510 Dell computer.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 7th, 2010 11:00

silverone41,

Can you copy a document when you put it under the glass? B&W and color?

Are you using Dell Series 5 ink cartridges?

Rick

No Events found!