Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2012 16:00

Dell Tech Support

I have a four year old Dell XPS 420 desktop computer an approximately one year old Dell Laser 3115 printer.  About a year ago I started receiving an error message that said "download driver to unknown device" and at the same time I was having intermittent printer problems.  After several rounds with remote support, my problem was not solved and I ended up buying this top of the line, expensive printer.  The problems continued.  Now here we are about a year later and the scanner doesn't work on my expensive printer, I've had three motherboards and two power supplies installed and still my computer doesn't function properly.  I decided I would try another time with Dell and spoke to one rep for about an hour and a half.  He said he had to go and would call me back but didn't until the next day.  I wasn't home when he called and couldn't talk.  He called once again and once again I wasn't there and long story short, my problems have never been resolved.  Last night I got an error message saying something like there was a problem with one of the USB ports on my computer and the one identified was "unknown device."  Sure chilled my bones!  Anyway I emailed and then called tech support.  Three times I was placed on hold by the Dell rep answering my call, the last time for more than an hour with nobody ever coming back to the phone and finally I hung up.  I do have an extended warranty on the computer.  Also it is worth mentioning that I am a 70 year old woman with very limited expertise in computer technology.  I am at my wit's end.  My original problem seems to still be there and now there additional problems as well.  I purchased the extended warranty for (I think) $200 and then purchased a $700 printer and still have limited function on my computer and the scanner on my fancy printer doesn't work and nobody seems to want to help me.  Where do I got from here?  Help!

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 18th, 2012 05:00

Hi Sallycates,

Sorry to hear about all you troubles. I'm doing to suggest you post your technical issue in the printers forum. Please be sure to provide your operating system and the model of the printer.

No Events found!