Start a Conversation

Unsolved

O

3 Posts

December 14th, 2019 15:00

Error Msg: You do not have sufficient privileges

I keep getting the following error message when I try to look up older aricles on these forums (articles about upgrading the processor on an Optiplex 740):
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
Click your browser's Back button to continue.
Return to my original page
How does one get privileges?

Here is the link I was trying to get to:

dell.com/community/Desktops-General-Read-Only/Optiplex-740-Processor-Upgrade/td-p/4080771

Community Manager

• 

241 Posts

December 16th, 2019 06:00

Thank you for posting this issue, @OliverD614  We will look into this immediately.

@rosiemari 

Community Manager
#IWORK4DELL

1 Message

December 16th, 2019 08:00

December 19th, 2019 18:00

I posted a couple of links for you to look at in this thread.

Here is a non-working page:

Here is a screenshot of the error message I am still receiving as of today:

December 19th, 2019 18:00

Problem not solved, no feedback from anybody. Here is an example of a link that does not work for me:

Here is a screenshot of the error message I am still receiving as of today:

December 23rd, 2019 14:00

Same problem and I just register Dec 23 2019.

Cannot access the following community link:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dell.com/community/Desktops-General-Read-Only/AMD-Athlon-II-X4-630-Quad-Core-processor-and-6GB-DDR3-RAM-the/td-p/4008270&ved=2ahUKEwj2orOa5MzmAhWLmlkKHeh-AQIQFjAAegQIBxAC&usg=AOvVaw0LxPuk2N2CIWBE4sGgwsPW

(Dell › community › td-p
AMD Athlon II X4-630 Quad Core processor and 6GB DDR3 ... - Dell)

2 Posts

December 30th, 2019 11:00

Same problem, I need to get the link for the correct USB Drivers for my XPS 8700 and can't access it.  How do we get this fixed?

"http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19530074.aspx"

2 Posts

December 31st, 2019 09:00

Hello,

I have not seen any response to this problem, has anyone found a solution?

1 Message

January 11th, 2020 13:00

First time posting - and same exact problem for me as well. I'm trying to look up posts on an older Dell computer and every one comes back as "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource".

Also can't get the computers service tag to work when I plug it into the website (says "No Results Found"). Also tried another dozen service tag numbers I found from images/videos on the web and NONE of them are found. Also called up Dell's 1-800 number and they told me my service tag number (which I'm looking at right this second) is not valid, and even going back 20 years they were NEVER 5 digits....which simply isn't true.

Has Dell purged all old content from their website? There are still people using these computers!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 13th, 2020 10:00

Via Private Message (click my name), send me the links and some of the tags. Let me check them.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 15th, 2020 12:00

All,

During the last Forum software change, the old "Desktops General" board was migrated into a hidden Moderator section and then locked as read only. If Google cache searches reference these old threads, it is normal to receive this message when trying to view them. Nothing is wrong with your Forum account. You should simply start a new thread on the appropriate Forum board to discuss current issue.

1 Message

January 18th, 2020 23:00

Except these old threads contain useful information for troubleshooting our computers that we can no longer access. It is infuriating dell has taken this resource away from its users.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 29th, 2020 06:00

The "Desktops General - Read Only" board has been moved back to the parent Desktops board. So all should be able to read those locked threads.

6 Professor

• 

5.3K Posts

January 30th, 2020 22:00

When I click on your parent link, and then this link to see the read only threads, it is still denying access due to insufficient privileges.

access denied.png

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 31st, 2020 06:00

I just sent an email to Rosie with link to this thread and pictures.

No Events found!