Highlighted
ri_viper
1 Copper

FAST ACCESS FAILED UPDATE

I have a Dell XPS15 (L50X) that came preinstalled with the fast access facial recognition system. I have the automatically update fast access turned on. Since the arrival of my computer I've had 1 or 2 updates, but the latest update always fails, resulting in the removal of the software itself. Therefore I have to reinstall the software from the cd.

During this upgrade process it flashes the following message two times:  the upgradation process will require a reboot. Do you wish to continue?

to which I reply yes. Then the installation continues. says removing old files and backups and then in the middle a message comes that says that the  program  does have permissions to access the folder C:\program files(X86)/Sensible vision. log in as administrator.

I am logged in as the administrator and  there is no other account. I've tried this many times. Please suggest something

Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
7- Thorium

Re: FAST ACCESS FAILED UPDATE

When you try to install, RIGHT click on the icon to run the program and select "Run as Administrator".  This may help.  

If you need more assistance, post on the Software Section  Click Me

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
ri_viper
1 Copper

There's no option for doing it. It's an automatic update. Is there a separate update module available that I can install separately?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

ri_viper,

I sent a message to svrep, who has a better understanding on what happened.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
svrep
3 Argentium

Could you contact me directly? Sorry that I can't post email addresses directly here, but you can use any of the publicly available addresses on the Sensible Vision website to reach me. I may have a solution, but would prefer to provide it to you directly. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

ri_viper,

Link is...

Sensible Vision Support

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
ri_viper
1 Copper

THANKS A TON, RICK

\m/

0 Kudos
ri_viper
1 Copper

dear svrep I've sent a mail to DellSupport@sensiblevision.com the following address. I couldn't locate any third party software help as indicated in the Sensible Vision support site.

0 Kudos
ri_viper
1 Copper

This is the exact problem that I'm facing.

0 Kudos
ri_viper
1 Copper

I have version 3.0.85

0 Kudos