Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2011 09:00

FAST ACCESS FAILED UPDATE

I have a Dell XPS15 (L50X) that came preinstalled with the fast access facial recognition system. I have the automatically update fast access turned on. Since the arrival of my computer I've had 1 or 2 updates, but the latest update always fails, resulting in the removal of the software itself. Therefore I have to reinstall the software from the cd.

During this upgrade process it flashes the following message two times:  the upgradation process will require a reboot. Do you wish to continue?

to which I reply yes. Then the installation continues. says removing old files and backups and then in the middle a message comes that says that the  program  does have permissions to access the folder C:\program files(X86)/Sensible vision. log in as administrator.

I am logged in as the administrator and  there is no other account. I've tried this many times. Please suggest something

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

June 19th, 2011 10:00

When you try to install, RIGHT click on the icon to run the program and select "Run as Administrator".  This may help.  

If you need more assistance, post on the Software Section  Click Me

16 Posts

June 20th, 2011 00:00

There's no option for doing it. It's an automatic update. Is there a separate update module available that I can install separately?

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 20th, 2011 02:00

ri_viper,

I sent a message to svrep, who has a better understanding on what happened.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 20th, 2011 10:00

ri_viper,

Link is...

Sensible Vision Support

Rick

211 Posts

Could you contact me directly? Sorry that I can't post email addresses directly here, but you can use any of the publicly available addresses on the Sensible Vision website to reach me. I may have a solution, but would prefer to provide it to you directly. Thanks. 

16 Posts

THANKS A TON, RICK

\m/

16 Posts

June 20th, 2011 11:00

dear svrep I've sent a mail to DellSupport@sensiblevision.com the following address. I couldn't locate any third party software help as indicated in the Sensible Vision support site.

16 Posts

June 20th, 2011 13:00

This is the exact problem that I'm facing.

16 Posts

June 20th, 2011 13:00

I have version 3.0.85

211 Posts

July 12th, 2011 08:00

An additional thing that may be worth trying, though I don't know that it will work. Try creating an entirely new administrative Windows account, logging into that and trying the update again from there. Let me know how what effect, if any, that has. 

No Events found!