Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2009 13:00

I hate UPS delivery

My last three Dell orders were delivered by UPS.  After they were added to the UPS system and given an estimated delivery date, the dates were changed after a few days.  On one occasion, it was "delayed" twice.  Plus, UPS does not delivery on Saturday.  Please, DELL, go back to DHL delivery.

107 Posts

October 15th, 2009 13:00

The reason Dell is using UPS is DHL got out ot domestic shipments in the USA.....DHL only does international in the USA. It was big news, 60 minutes did a whole show on  the subject,,,,seems this whole town in Ohio worked for DHL. DHL was originally Airborne, which took over an abondonned airport, then DHL bought Airborne. Now DHL is gone and there is nothing in the way of jobs in this town. Is there anyway when you pirchase from Dell you can specify your shipper...I guess you will have to choose FedEx...When UPS changes the ship date does it say they have already picked up the merchandise?

8 Posts

October 15th, 2009 14:00

Well don't I feel stupid now?  Yes, I do remember the report about DHL.  While I like the free shipping, it would be almost worth it to pay extra.  Like I said, after the tracking begins, and somewhere in the middle, I receive the message that there is an unexpected delay and the estimated delivery date is changed.  I did pay once for expedited shipping.  The same thing happened, but after jumping through some hoops, I was reimbursed the extra amount I paid.  Added to that is the fact that UPS just DUMPS it by the door without checking to see if anyone is home, and regardless of the weather. 

940 Posts

October 15th, 2009 15:00

All of the systems that I have purchased since DHL went under have all been delivered via FedEx. They will not leave it without an adult signature, They would not let my 13 year old nephew sign for one when he was the only one home. I would guess that where you live determines who it is shipped with.

August 20th, 2011 17:00

UPS are way ahead of DHL, very suprised that you feel like that as I have probably had in excess of 50 parcels over the past few years via UPS and never had any problems, more than I can say for all other delivery companies who all seem to find problems.

No Events found!