Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2010 19:00

I was double charged, but there is no solution yet

I ordered a laptop keyboard online. It was shipped to me, and everything seemed fine, until I received my credit card report. Dell charged me twice. one payment is 66.09 CAN dollar, which is what I should pay; and another one is 40.14 US Dollar, which I shouldn't pay.

So, I called Dell and also sent email to sale customer service. They asked me for the customer ID. I gave them the customer ID. They told me there was only one payment, which was 66.09 CAN Dollar, associating to that customer ID. I told them I was charged twice, but they insisted they had no way to check it, then told me to contact the sales representative who prepared my order. I called the the representative, but I couldn't get through. It always asked me to leave message. I did, but there is no reply; Then I wrote email to him, again there is no reply.

Please tell me how I can get my money back?

thanks,

Jayden

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 25th, 2010 21:00

jaydenCAN

As you paid with a CC, you need to file a dispute with the card holder, about the second charge.

This worked for me several years ago, when I was charged by Dell for a second computer, I did not receive.  

Bev.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

May 28th, 2010 05:00

Jayden,

Sorry about your billing issue.  Could you please send me a message by clicking on my name in blue, and then selecting "send message", and I'll be glad to see what I can do to assist.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert 

3 Posts

May 28th, 2010 14:00

Thanks. I did pay with CC. I called the customer service and was told to talk to DELL first.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 24th, 2010 09:00

jaydenCAN

It's a bummer when this happens.    :emotion-6:

Bev.

3 Posts

August 24th, 2010 09:00

the latest development is the bank issued credit card to me told me they cannot recover the money for me, although i did pay so-called protection plan to them.

1. what went wrong?

I ordered the thing via internet. during the ordering process, the representative  told me the price was 40.14 dollar. i had checked the price already, and i knew there should be shipment fee, so I asked him if the price was right, he said it was  right and placed order, then he realized that  he made mistake. he told me he canceled the order and made a new one. he did make a new one, but most likely he didn't cancel that order at all.

2. Dell doesn't have customer service to handle this kind of problem

i called Dell customer service and was told to call the representative. i did, but he didn't reply my message and email. there is no way, no people from Dell can help me.

3. credit card cannot help you either

so, i talked to credit card company. they sent me forms and had me fill. with the form i was even given a report of that transaction saying the transaction couldn't be found (but my money was gone). but the weird thing is in that report there is my credit card number, but name and address are not mine. anyway, i was told later i made a mistake when i filled the form: i should choose FRAUDULENT instead that I BOUGHT SOMETHING FROM THAT MERCHANT AND THAT MERCHANT DOUBLE CHARGED ME. because that, the credit card company said they couldn't help me unless i asked Dell for voucher.

4. i will not waste time on this matter. i am not happy for sure.

No Events found!