Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 26th, 2013 10:00

Iyogi support?

I recently purchased a Vostro notebook and very soon afterwards had problems in that the screen was completely frozen. I called the Dell technical support line and connected to iyogi in India. They said that the problems were software related and that there were files on the PC that were causing the problem most probably caused by accessing websites. They explained that these were common on most websites. I agreed to take a software contract and they said all my software issues would be resolved. I had a similar problem today and got through to a different technician who told me I needed a piece of software which would cost me Euro 69 having spent Euro 139 2 days ago!! I am now suspicious that this is a bit of a scam and am also worried that my PC and passwords might be compromised. Why are Dell using this company. Can their bona fide be verified. Has anyone else had a similar experience or know anything about iYogi.

1.5K Posts

June 26th, 2013 10:00

Hi teamcolours,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Dell has terminated its contract with iYogi effective Jan 11, 2012 and is no longer associated. Please share the issue which you are facing with the system, I'll be happy to assist you.

Also, if you need assistance as per iYogi contract that you have purchased, you may contact iYogi technical support at 877-276-1590/1277. These number are applicable for USA.

Please reply if you have any questions.

1 Message

December 4th, 2014 05:00

Last month we had a family reunion. The party was great and so was the food. However, the Dell laptop that my cousin was using to play music kept on shutting down all by itself and without being prompted to. This was pretty annoying. To fix it I suggested iYogi tech support team as I am myself a subscriber to their yearly plan. However, to my shock he shared that he had a very bad experience with this company and that he didn’t trust their technicians at all. Some of my other cousins also backed him and it was then that I realized that something must have probably gone wrong in their specific sessions. I would like to use this platform to share with everyone else who may have had an unfortunate incident with the company that there is no problem with their services. I am myself using their service for the past two years and am quite satisfied. They are prompt, knowledgeable and in several cases affordable too. Their handling of Dell products is particularly worth mentioning here.

June 26th, 2013 15:00

I rang the customer support number which appeared to be the official Dell support number and was put through to iYogi.  They identified that the problem was software related and advised that they were responsible for software issues with Dell computers.  They also indicated that they looked after HP customers. As most of these services are outsourced I assumed that they were acting for Dell.  However I became suspicious when they again tried to get me to sign up for another product. They have accessed my PC and also have installed their various programs so I am worried that my PC and security is now compromised along with having spent this money.  I would imagine I am not the first nor the last person to have this problem.  At the moment the PC is working ok but from soon after I purchased it I could not access the windows screen and was totally frustrated having just spent a significant amount of money on a new pc.  Should I have my pc totally cleaned and start again?

Regards
Teamcolours

1.5K Posts

June 27th, 2013 06:00

Hi Teamcolours,

Glad to know that the system is functioning properly at present. iYogi is an independent company and it is up to your discretion if you want to keep the support contract or terminate it. If you wish you can contact them for refund or continue with the support as per the contract although I am not sure about their refund policy. There are various service and software contracts available with Dell as well. In regards to the security being compromised, you may go ahead and install a good anti-virus and scan the system using it. Also, you may go ahead and change the password for accessing the system if set any or set one to protect it against any unwanted access. You can also remove all the unwanted apps installed by iYogi if are not using there services.

No Events found!