Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 2nd, 2008 06:00

On Line User Popups

Is there any way to turn off the online user popups, so that when you mouse over this area you do not get these popups? 

POST # 2 

799 Posts

December 3rd, 2008 16:00

May be they will intigrate PudgyOne´idea of a collapseble members online window, that would be grand since as you said we have to know who is on line.

That sounds like a great idea.

Thanks to PudgyOne, for the suggestion, and thanks to iroc9555, for the reminder.

2.7K Posts

Much bettter!

1K Posts

December 2nd, 2008 09:00

Agreed with you totally. It is most annoying. We should have the choice to view the member bios by clicking on the avatar and not just by mousing over it.

Hey, how do you stop the popups?

799 Posts

December 2nd, 2008 09:00

I would agree. I have learned to keep my mouse pointer in the center of the page and all but illiminated this annoyance.

While I personally don't like it, there may be others that do.

Just a thought.

93 Posts

December 2nd, 2008 10:00

I would agree. I have learned to keep my mouse pointer in the center of the page and all but illiminated this annoyance.

While I personally don't like it, there may be others that do.

Just a thought.

Hans, that idea works well if you are using a mouse with a scroll wheel.  Unfortunately if you are on a laptop and using the touchpad like I do most of the time I'm here it doesn't work out so well. 

And I can't imagine anyone coming here for technical support liking it.  People on Facebook and MySpace wouldn't like it there.

93 Posts

I agree.  It's one of the biggest design flaws on the new site.  The worst part is the location on the page right next to the scroll bar where you are almost forced to mouse over it.  If they had only placed it at the lower left side of the page it wouldn't have been so bad. 

It's just more evidence that the people who designed this catastrophe didn't bother to do any usability studies before implementing an extremely poorly thought out design.  In it's silence on the matter Dell has shown that it really doesn't care about it's customers.  I haven't seen any evidence that anyone from Dell is even interested in our opinions since day two or three of the fiasco.

799 Posts

Hello PapaSmurf68, I suppose you are correct about the laptop use.

I do have a Dell laptop, but I don't use it when logging on to the DCF. I use it for video surveilence.

You are indeed correct about the wheel scroll. I have had to learn to navigate the DCF differently than any other site.

Maybe it will get better soon.

Let's Hope so.

17 Posts

December 2nd, 2008 12:00

In a reply from another post they (Dell) are working on it. I don't mine the popups, I just wish they would close when you move your mouse away from them.

93 Posts

December 2nd, 2008 12:00

bobsaah, that would help a lot. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 2nd, 2008 15:00

I would be happy if I could collapse the users online so I don't go over it.

Rick

1K Posts

May be they will intigrate PudgyOne´idea of a collapseble members online window, that would be grand since as you said we have to know who is on line.

799 Posts

Did you see ? No more members on line avatar. they are gone. To whomever, Thank you.

I did see that early today. My only problem now is that I cannot know who is online if I wished to PM them.

You seem to win one battle and loose another.

Oh well, It will all get sorted out in time I suppose.

1K Posts

Did you see ? No more members on line avatar. they are gone. To whomever, Thank you.

No Events found!