Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

January 15th, 2011 03:00

Shipping Date Passed, No Update?

I ordered a Dell Studio XPS 8100 with a monitor on January 4 of this year. I signed up for a Dell Preferred Account and received an order confirmation e-mail, so the order (presumably) went through. The e-mail didn't give me an estimated shipping date, but when I ordered it, I believe it was listed as 1/13. The date has now passed and I haven't seen any update when I check my order status; it currently says "In Production". Not only that, but when I sign in on the Order Status page, it says the billing info and shipping info are both "N/A" (although it lists the estimated *delivery* date as 1/24). Surely though it should have been shipped by now if it were going to get here by then (I ordered standard shipping)?

I can only check the order status using the automated phone system (which says my order is "currently being processed", no further info) or the link given to me in the confirmation status; I assume since I ordered the computer through the "Employee & Affiliates Purchase Program" it won't let me view the order status directly from "My Account":

"You do not have any orders in your account. Please return to order status home page and log out. Then do a regular search."

Any attempt to "Find Missing Orders" gives me an error (only Home/Home Office/Small Business/etc. can add customer numbers using this feature, or something along those lines).

Not only *that*, but my order confirmation e-mail says it's 3-5 day delivery (Standard), while the link from the e-mail to track the order says it's 7-day delivery. So, I'm a little confused on that front as well, as there shouldn't be a discrepancy between the order confirmation and the order status. Granted, it's only two days, but still.

So, basically, I just want to know where I stand with this machine. I'm fine with it getting here on the 24th, but I'm a little antsy - did my order not go through? Is there a delay that's just not being reflected? I'd like to know exactly where I stand, and the Order Status page isn't very helpful...I thought it would have shipped by now.

Thanks, any input is appreciated!

9.4K Posts

January 18th, 2011 12:00

Bandtrumpet7,

Sorry you are having difficulties with the ordering of your computer.  If you could contact me privately by clicking on my name in blue, then on the next page, click on the envelope icon that says "send message", I'll see what I can do to assist.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!