Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 17th, 2009 22:00

Upgrade to Draft N wireless

I have two Inspirion laptops. One an E-1505 and the other an E-1525. Tried to procure two wireless adapter to use in the PCMIA slots but found that the devices obtained (DLink DWA-652 will not seat in the slots on the machines. Slots appear to only utilize 16 pin connectors and not the 32 pin (full width) on the adapter cards.

Does anyone know if 1) Wireless adapter cards with draft N capability are available that will fit in the existing PCMIA slots or 2) If there are upgrade communication units with that will accept 32 pin adapters are available. The communication modules in the laptops provide both wireless network communication and bluetooth capability.

Have upgraded to a wireless router (DLink DIR-655) and would like to be able to use its full capabilities. Presently the E-1505 machine only has old a,b, g wireless protocol which limits the E-1525 machine to the same when both computers are being used. I would certainly hate to think that I would have to replace one or both computers to realize the full benefits of the router on draft N .

If anyone can direct me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

April 18th, 2009 08:00

The E1505 and E1525 have Express Card slot not PCMCIA / PC Card. The two are incompatible without an adapter. Express Cards are not as common and tend to be pricier. I hope that you didn't break any pins while inserting your PCMCIA cards into your Express Card slot.

2 Posts

April 18th, 2009 10:00

Thank you for the clarification. I have located the necessary adapter and hope to be up and running later this week. There is one by Addonics and also one from Dell.

Didn't damage any pins since PC card could not be inserted that far into the slot. Dumb luck is good luck.

No Events found!