Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2012 07:00

XPS 13 ULTRABOOK Does any one have a firm sale date?

:emotion-42:

3 Posts

February 24th, 2012 05:00

I wonder who Dell is going to ship these XPS 13's to next week?  Considering that there still isn't any place that a customer can place an order I guess they will just ship them to random households?  Gee, I hope I get one, maybe I'll win the lottery too.    

26 Posts

February 24th, 2012 05:00

Yeah I am pretty shocked they did not have a pre-order process, which is typical since it helps get an idea of demand and make sure we don't see 4 week lead times before we get the thing. Not to mention if this is launching on Monday when will we hear or get any info from filling out that form on the site?

I just don't see what they are thinking from a marketing standpoint on this, it really baffles me on how they have handled this.

2.3K Posts

February 24th, 2012 10:00

I wonder who Dell is going to ship these XPS 13's to next week?  Considering that there still isn't any place that a customer can place an order I guess they will just ship them to random households?  Gee, I hope I get one, maybe I'll win the lottery too.    

Check the website Tuesday. If it is relesed that day you would be able to order then.

I hope both of us win the lottery!

4 Posts

February 26th, 2012 11:00

Just spoke to the Dell rep at the mall and it will be release tomorrow.  He said I could order it from the website or in the mall as well.  I got a chance to play with it and it seems very nice.  Glad I waited.

26 Posts

February 26th, 2012 13:00

Best news I have heard in a while. Been going through my other options, but will wait a day and see how long it will take to get one of these if I can order tomorrow.

real good news i was just about to pull the trigger on an MBA and strip off OSX and install win 7.  still may depending on eta. after order.

Not to sound like the standard petulant tech industry weenie but Dell lost me as a customer on this - I already bought an ultrabook off Amazon and I'm buying another one to test out.  The one I don't like gets returned.  From what I've seen I'm impressed enough to stick with what I've got - and to be honest, I don't feel like buying a third for a comparo.  Nor do I know what actual tests on the Dell XPS 13 ultrabook have done.

Not even a pre-order?  Dell, seriously, this is not how you build hype and sell a product.

18 Posts

February 26th, 2012 18:00

Mohn, what model did you go with? I ordered a asus zenbook i7 256gb hd. Only issue is the non back lit keyboard.

18 Posts

February 26th, 2012 19:00

Thanks. I like your idea about amazon and thier return policy.

February 26th, 2012 19:00

Samsung Series 5, the 13.3 with the SSD.  Amazing piece of equipment.  I tried the Zenbook but found the keyboard abysmal and didn't like the super-sharp corners.  They felt like they'd pierce through any sleeve I got for it.  I also didn't feel like playing Trackpad Roulette and risking not getting an Elan.

Shame, too, because I think the design and panel command the higher cost, but I'm happy with my 1366x768 matte.  Amazon finally got the Folio 13 in stock, so we'll see how that stacks up - the Series 5 got pretty hot in one bottom spot and the battery life radically varies.  I've gotten estimates of 4.5 hours under full load (watching an MKV file with custom codec setup, wireless on, Java IRC client going, bunch of other stuff) but I'd love to get more if the Folio can beat it.

Then again, if the XPS 13 shows up on Amazon so I can stress test under their awesome return policy - I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one.  

22 Posts

February 27th, 2012 07:00

I guess tomorrow is the day?

26 Posts

February 27th, 2012 07:00

Seems to be. :emotion-8:

4 Posts

February 27th, 2012 08:00

I just ordered mine and have the confirmation email to prove it.  Why would I lie about this?  Really!!  Send me an email to <ADMIN NOTE : email id removed per Privacy policy > and I will show you confirmation if you need it.

21 Posts

Funny guy.... that # comes up "for live talk with EXCITING PEOPLE, call....."   hilarious.....   not

21 Posts

Emdriven is just yanking people's chains, guys.   Make sure you hit the "report abuse" link on his posts.

No Events found!