Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

December 15th, 2009 02:00

How to connect Panasonic camcorder NVDS60 to INSPIRON 1300 with Dazzle & Pinnacle

I was given the Dazzle and Pinnacle soft ware to edit my video.  Yesterday I spent an hour at the suppliers (who had told me there would be no problem before it was bought!) but they could not make it work.  From what I have read, is it something to do with firewire - whatever that is!  That shows my state of knowledge.

Please let me know what to do in simple terms that an old man can understand.

Thank You

4.6K Posts

December 15th, 2009 05:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

First of all, what OS are you using (i.e. Vista 32bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, or whatever)?

... they could not make it work.

Why?  What's the specific problem(s)?

Firewire is a connection type, and probably still the most common way of connecting a camcorder to a computer.

Your laptop obviously needs to have a firewire port of course, before you can connect the camcorder to it using firewire cables.

What software is it... specifically - because there appear to be a few different products listed on the main Dazzle page?

And where have you read, whatever it is you have read?

Some might include a written manual with the product, but all software includes a 'help' file, detailing exactly what you need/need to do, to get the best from it.

But I managed to track down an online user manual for it, which you might find useful?

Looking at the accessories included with it though, it doesn't have/offer firewire - but just an AV cable, which suggests to me you can only connect it to/view recordings on, a TV - not a computer?

Hopefully someone else with knowledge on the subject can offer suggestions for connecting it to a computer... or at least advise how to get the recordings onto your computer, for editing etc?

7 Posts

January 15th, 2010 04:00

Thank you for this reply - I did not answer previously because I was new to the system and could not work out the way to do it.

I am using windows xp home.  The dazzle connection came with Pinnacle premium editing software.

From my recent research I have read that I could buy and express card and there is a slot for this on the Inspiron 1300.  The question now is - Is an express card the same as a firewire, and what exactly do I order.

I hope that those of you who have not given up on me might have an answer - I am sure that I am not the only one who wants to use the Inspiron 1300  to edit his own videos.

Thanks again

CV2

No Events found!