Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

SI

March 21st, 2018 07:00

How to setup SNMP v3?

I am being required by my information security department to run SNMP v3 on all the devices checking in with this plugin. I know how to change it on the individual server/san side but in the plugin I am unable to find what options I need to change for it to be able to pick up the data once the change is made on the individual device side. Any help with this would be appreciated.

• 

6.2K Posts

March 21st, 2018 15:00

Hello

Please send a private message with your service tag to ensure we have all appropriate information on your system.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

March 22nd, 2018 10:00

Thank you for the service tag.

We have several connections. You can find links to documentation on the various available connections on the wiki page:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/4115.dell-emc-openmanage-connections-and-integrations

Thanks

March 22nd, 2018 14:00

I was not specific enough in my original question.

Currently we have the plugin setup in Nagios using SNMPv1, I want to change this to use SNMPv3 but on the plugin side on the nagios server I do not know how to change the options to do this.

• 

6.2K Posts

March 22nd, 2018 14:00

Page 13 of the Nagios XI User's Guide list the SNMP configuration options. Only SNMP 1 and 2 are available. If you are using the core version check to User's Guide to see if the capabilities for that plugin are different.

Thanks

74 Posts

July 27th, 2018 06:00

In 2018, why isnt SNMP v3 avaliable?

1 Rookie

• 

42 Posts

August 3rd, 2018 00:00

Hi, 

SNMPv3 support is on our road-map for OpenManage Plugin for Nagios Core and XI.

Having said that, you can opt for monitoring PowerEdge servers (inventory, overall server health and component level health) using Redfish REST APIs or WS-Man as they provide equivalent and more security features when compared to SNMPv3. Please refer to OpenMange Plugin v3.0 for Nagios-Core User Guide on using WS-Man or Redfish based REST APIs for monitoring the PowerEdge servers.

Thanks,

Anupam

July 14th, 2022 18:00

How to setup SNMP v3? 

No Events found!