Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Message

February 6th, 2023 05:00

OMEVV cannot add host

Hi all,
I need help adding VMWare host in the new OMEVV (3.10) to use it with VMWare Lifecycle manager/single image.
I registered the VMWare vcenter but on the Openmanage Entrerprise Plugin (OMEVV) there is no way to add the host like I could in OMIVV.
I cannot do Discover host under Management Compliance nor ad Baseline Profiles.
I have downloaded the advanced + licenses and installed it on both idrac 8 and idrac 9 hosts. Did also do an inventory on OME side so I can see the licenses are installed and discovered properly.

Regards Askf@geln

• 

8.5K Posts

February 6th, 2023 09:00

Bjorngap,

You should be able to perform a discovery from OpenManage Enterprise (OME), and it will then sync downwards. The Integration plugin within vCenter has a Mgmt Compliance section that will error if hosts inventoried are missing any prerequisites. Now if they are failing to even show up then there may be something else going on, but we would need some additional details to proceed, such as iDrac firmwares, models of servers, and versions of ESXi running on the hosts.

Let me know if this helps.

6 Posts

February 9th, 2023 14:00

Actually i just realised there is a + in the advanced license that is new and required. It would be really helpful if the Plugin just told you that none of your hosts have the right license for it to work

6 Posts

February 9th, 2023 14:00

I've never used this plugin or its predecessor but the doco and your response is really unclear on this. Where do we do a discovery for the OMEVV plugin itself?

I've got the plugin registered in OME, it looks good in vCenter as well. While all my FX2s chassis and hosts are working fine in OME proper,  I have no chassis or hosts in either the Plugin groups in OME or in the vCenter view. If i try and do a baremetal host add in vCenter Compliance View, the only host in the list that appears is an old standalone R820 we keep for DR purposes.

Is there some fundamental thing i'm missing to get this to populate, all i need is the LifeCycle Manager Integration for vCenter to work for Image based updates.

1 Message

February 16th, 2023 07:00

Which license did you need?

17 Posts

May 2nd, 2023 07:00

I had to add the Advanced + license to the idrac for each of the servers I wanted to use with the plugin.  However even after you get things all setup I don't believe its working with the single image setup.

Table 4 the known issues list the first item there as not being able to check for updates.  I seems to read that it should still work if you manually check for images, but I have not seen that to be the case.

OpenManage Enterprise Integration for VMware vCenter 1.2 Release Notes (dell.com)

1 Rookie

• 

83 Posts

August 23rd, 2023 18:53

@ks-ccare​ Where are you seeing this license and where do you install it?

isProTip
No Events found!