Start a Conversation

Unsolved

JG

1 Rookie

• 

104 Posts

March 8th, 2021 11:00

OMIVV error: Invalid session and time error

I was able to successfully register my vCenter server in OMIVV. In vCenter, the plug-in shows as certified and enabled with a green check.

When I try to open the OMIVV page in vCenter, I immediately get an "Invalid Session" error with the following: "The displayed date and time is the appliance server time (from the location of the appliance) not local time."

OMIVV Appliance Details: Refresh the session by logging off and logging back on again. Any button I click throws the same error. 

Both vCenter appliance and OMIVV appliance are using the same NTP servers and both report the same date, time, and timezone. I've rebooted the OMIVV appliance and still get the same error

Any suggestions? TIA

• 

3.7K Posts

March 8th, 2021 20:00

Hi, you didn't specify the version you have but

"If the OMIVV page is idle for some time (5–10 minutes), the invalid session, or time out exception, or two million errors is displayed.

Resolution: Refresh the browser. If the issue persists, log out and log in from vCenter."

Here I'm dropping a release note but you can google specifically for your version. Hope this helps.

1 Rookie

• 

104 Posts

March 9th, 2021 10:00

@DELL-Young E Thanks for the reply. This is a new OMIVV install of the latest available version (5.2.1.2352), running on vCenter 6.7.

It's not an idle or timeout session issue, as it happens as soon as I navigate to the OMIVV page in vCenter.

So essentially, I log into the vSphere client as admin, then choose Menu > Home > OpenManage Integration and I immediately get the error message. I can click 'OK' to clear the dialog box/error, but any link or item in the OpenManage Integration pages I click throws the same error message.

• 

8.5K Posts

March 9th, 2021 13:00

Based on your description I would start with restarting vCenter, if it still isn't working after restarting it I would do an unregister/re-register.

Let us know what you see.

No Events found!