Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 8th, 2016 07:00

Vcenter Integration - Problem with iDRAC Enterprise on R710

Hi,

I'm trying to connect an R710 to my Vcenter Integration.

I've already connected a T610 without issue but with the r710 I can't connect to the iDRAC.

The plugin gets the correct IP for the iDRAC, I can see it from the logs.

Also, credentials are ok and tested, iDRAC is running on the dedicated NIC.

BIOS, iDRAC and Lifecycle Controller are at the latest version.

The OMSA Agent has been installed through VMWare Update Manager form the DELL repository

Connecting to the Openmanage appliance with readonly shows no errors on pinging both the host and the idrac using the ip address and the DNS name

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

November 30th, 2016 05:00

There is a hotfix for OMIVV available. Enter the following Repository Path URL:  http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/vcenter-plugin-x64/hotfixes/3.1.1/

After a refresh the GUI shows that 3.1.1.150 is available if youre on 3.1.0.134.  Create a VM Snaptshot to be sure and than press the update button.

If it works change the Path back to the original one: http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/vcenter-plugin-x64/latest/

Regards
Joerg

September 14th, 2016 05:00

Hi Coggi,

Thanks for the post.

Can you check whether the right iDRAC IP is reported by ESXi.

You can verify the iDRAC IP at vCenter Web client,  Mange > Hardware Status > Base Management Controller of the host.

If you know the iDRAC IP, can check whether iDRAC is responding to below WSMAN query ,

winrm e "cimv2/root/dcim/DCIM_SystemView" -r:https:// /wsman -a:basic -encoding:utf-8 -SkipCACheck –SkipCNCheck -u: -p:

Please update us with your findings.

Thanks,

Vineeth

6 Posts

September 15th, 2016 03:00

Hi,

the Idrac IP is received correctly as for the logs :

I've tried running the command you provided in a command prompt on windows but got an error, also tried with -e in case that was a typo :

The second error means  "Operation name unknown :"

Thanks

Cosimo

September 15th, 2016 09:00

Hi,

‘Operation name unknown’ error  is seen when you use ‘-e’, do not use ‘-’ .

As I see at snapshot, looks like you need to configure winrm at the box where you run this query. You can configure it using ‘winrm quickconfig’ command.

Meanwhile can you reset iDRAC and try to run inventory again.

Thank You,

Vineeth

6 Posts

September 16th, 2016 03:00

Hi,

still getting the "Invalid use of command line" message even after using winrm quickconfig. Tried from 2 different machines (Windows 7 32 bit and Windows 2008 R2 64 bit)

How can I reset the Idrac? provided this is a system in production state that I can't reboot right now

Thank you

September 16th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

Please refer link below to configure winrm.

msdn.microsoft.com/.../aa384372(v=vs.85).aspx

You can do a soft reset of iDRAC WITHOUT rebooting the server.

Soft iDRAC reset can be  performed :

Option A : Launch iDRAC Console, ‘Reset iDRAC’ option is available at home page (‘Quick Launch Tasks’ widget).

Option B : Run ‘racadmin racreset soft’ command on iDRAC.

Local: racadmin racreset soft

Remote: racadm -r -u -p racreset soft

Once iDRAC reset is initiated, wait for few minute to complete the reset action before running inventory.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thank You,

Vineeth

6 Posts

September 30th, 2016 03:00

Hi,

soft resetting the Idrac resolved the problem!

Thank you!

October 3rd, 2016 00:00

Glad that I could help.

Thanks for letting us know the results.  

Regards,

Vineeth

18 Posts

October 27th, 2016 12:00

This same problem just started after update my iDRAC7/8 hosts to the latest 2.40.40.40 firmware.  I updated a bunch of systems and then when I tried to test the connection profile it fails with a "Could not contact iDRAC" message.  I SSH'd into each host and ran a RACADM RACRESET SOFT and I still cannot connect to them. 

1 Rookie

• 

37 Posts

October 30th, 2016 15:00

Hi Sean,

Did you have any luck getting this to work? I have the exact same issue and keen to fix it!

I should also mention that in my testing I found that racadm fails to connect when using the FQDN of the iDRAC, but works using the shortname or ip address - because of this OMIV must be failing as it uses the FQDN...

Cheers,

Ben

November 2nd, 2016 14:00

We have also the same problem here after updating the idrac to 2.40.40.40. Tried different things like racadm racreset etc. without luck.

Rollback to 2.30.30.30 fixed the problem so far.

Maybe there is a communication problem with the security fixes implemented in 2.40.40.40 ?

1 Rookie

• 

37 Posts

November 2nd, 2016 18:00

Unfortunately for us we are still running 2.30.30.30 and are having this issue...

30 Posts

November 3rd, 2016 13:00

I get the problem as well.  Just updated to 2.40.40.40 and now the plugin fails to contact the iDRAC.  Reset doesn't help.

30 Posts

November 3rd, 2016 13:00

And Rollback to 2.30.30.30 in the iDRAC GUI solved the problem for me too.  

12 Posts

November 4th, 2016 02:00

We can also confirm that upgrading to 2.40.40.40 breaks OMIVC iDRAC connection. Tested on R620's and R630's. Hope we see a fix for OMIVC or iDRAC soon.

Best regards

No Events found!