Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

October 26th, 2018 07:00

CCTK 4.1.0 - Set BIOS password only if password not exist

Hi,

I would like to integrate CCTK in our SCCM OSD Task Sequence to configure misc BIOS settings to make sure UEFI is enabled, secureboot and TPM is activated etc. These actions run in the WinPE process.

My problem is that I have some computers with a blank BIOS password and others with a known BIOS password.

So in my OSD Task Sequence I have a step to set the password, so that all computers from now on will have a BIOS password. I use the command:

CCTK.exe --SetupPwd=MyBiosPassword

This works perfectly on the computers with no BIOS password.

But the step fails on the computers with the known password. How can I make sure this step only runs on computers with no BIOS password? Normally I would create WMI filter or some other check on the "Options" tab of the step...

But I can't find this info anywhere?

Anybody knows how to set the BIOS password only on those computers with a blank password.

Thanks!

1 Message

February 11th, 2019 09:00

Hi!

Did you resolve your issue. Please, post here your solution. I'm having the same issue. 

Thanks in advance.

1 Message

March 5th, 2019 08:00

if there is a setup password, you must supply the existing password to make changes. The command will exit with code 41, to indicate that you must supply the existing password with the --ValSetupPwd command line option. 

If you supply the wrong setup password with the --ValSetupPwd parameter, the exit code is 58. If you supply a password with the --ValSetupPwd parameter, but there is no setup password configured, the exit code is 106.

You could add 41 as a success code on your task, or use a batch that checks exit codes to make sure that the password is configured.

cctk --SetupPwd=PASSWORD

IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 41 EXIT 0

No Events found!