Optiplex Desktops

Last reply by 01-10-2019 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Graphics Card Compatibility

I have Dell 380 (DESKTOP not TOWER).Gaming is very laggy in integrated graphics.So i have decided to buy a new GPU card.But there is one confusion,Which GPU card should i buy? I tried to apply my cousin's GPU card (ATI 106 or something)but it was too big.Infact I am not an Computer expert,So i want your help.Please
Replies (2)
8 Krypton

This is an ancient model computer from 2005. It's surprising it still works at all. You will have problems trying to add a video card. The power supply is too small and the space too limited. It would have to be an old used low profile  card--not recommended. It would probably not improve the performance. It is time to treat yourself to a newer computer.

The manual does not even have instructions for adding or replacing a video card--

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_optiplex_desktop/optiplex-380_...

Only a couple of GPU's are listed in the 380 tech guide:

256MB AMD Radeon™ HD 3450 DUAL DVI OR VGA AND TV OUT

256MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 9300 GE

Dell Optiplex 380 Tech Guide

If you're looking to keep your 380, I'm sure you'll find deals on eBay.

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.
- If you have an Optiplex, stating its model number AND size speeds up troubleshooting. Components vary.

Code of Conduct
TechSupport YouTube

I'm a big fan of Dell, a Dell user, and not an employee. This forum is user to user with occasional assistance by other Rockstars or Dell employees.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor