Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

7 Posts

October 8th, 2022 00:00

Optiplex 7000 Micro stuck at boot Dell logo

This seems to be caused by having virtualization enabled in the BIOS and then enabling the Hyper-V role. Going into the BIOS and disabling virtualization allows the machine to reboot, and if I remove Hyper-V using powershell, I can then go and re-enable virtualization again.

I have installed the latest BIOS as it cryptically says it fixes an issue where a machine can get stuck on the Dell logo, but this was not the case for this particular issue.

7 Posts

October 8th, 2022 16:00

update.. and I should have been clearer in the original post. It only affects Windows Server 2019 and 2022. Windows 10 and Hyper-V seems fine. I use these for a lab due to their form factor 

November 13th, 2022 07:00

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with my new Optiplex 7000. It will boot fine with either Virtualization turned off in the BIOS or if Hyper-V is uninstalled but with Hyper-V role installed the machine cannot get past the Dell logo. Of course, there is no error logging which would suggest the problem.

I would be very interesting if you have been able to get this to work as it has rendered a rather expensive machine totally useless.

7 Posts

November 13th, 2022 13:00

The solution was to use Windows 10 for Hyperv instead of Windows Server. For whatever reason, these machines don’t seem to support Windows Server HyperV

No Events found!