Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

1 Message

April 18th, 2020 10:00

Optiplex 780

When I turn on my pc, it beeps 6 times and my monitor says no signal, there is nothing wrong with my monitor but I’m unsure with what’s wrong with my pc, any ideas? 

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

April 18th, 2020 18:00

Replace the size 2032 CMOS battery.  A low battery can cause all sorts of bizarre problems.  They last around 5 yrs. and the 780 goes back 10.  If by chance it doesn't work, it's still cheap.  Remember to unplug PC anytime working on it.

Are you using a graphics card?  Remove it and use onboard graphics.

Problem still the same?  It's either the PSU or MB, may be more likely the MB?  Without being able to run diagnostics from here like what a computer shop can, it's a little more difficult to pinpoint.  Without it giving you a different error code, like with lit up numbers on the front of the PC, it's sounding awefully dead.

One of our other experts may even have a couple of other tips.

9 Legend

• 

11.7K Posts

April 18th, 2020 18:00

6 beeps can be a number of combinations. try to correlate what you hear with the OptiPlex beep code https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln284978/a-reference-guide-to-the-dell-optiplex-diagnostic-indicators?lang=en#Beep_codes which beep is it actually? 1-1-4 or something else?

6 Professor

• 

8.2K Posts

April 18th, 2020 19:00

No Events found!