This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 31st, 2012 08:00

How to migrate ASM disks from CX to VMAX using Open Replicator Hot Pull

Hello everyone,

We are migrating data from a CX4-960 frame to VMAX.

Some of the HPUX hosts have Oracle ASM disks on them. What are the steps that need to be taken while migrating these disks from CX to VMAX using Open Replicator/Hot Pull on the server side. For those disks which are under LVM; I would export and import the map files when the server comes up after 15% copy - do we have a simillar steps that need to be taken for ASM disks. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Well, agreed thats an option - but would also like to see the possibility of doing with OR/Hot Pull - to use array based tool.

Dynamox, was there any particular reason that you asked me why I am not considering to use ASM to migrate?

There are TBs of capacity that is assigned to few hosts - so I guessed the preferred method would be to use OR Hot Pull as it would not have impact on host resourses except for the one downtime required before OR activation and the speed of migration would be higher as compared to Host Based tools. Do you know if there are any complications if we use OR for migrating data on these disks?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

Why not use ASM and migrate to the VMAX LUNs online.

1 Message

April 10th, 2018 07:00

Hi Normolus

Can we use OR Hot pull to migrate ASM Disks?

No Events found!