Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

February 21st, 2018 11:00

BAT0017 TCM battery has failed check battery PowerEdge T620

There is an amber warning scrolling across the display on the PowerEdge T620 server.  The warning says BAT0017 TCM battery has failed. Check battery.  I contacted a company that works on computers because the server is out of warranty.  The computer guy checked open management and all the batteries are good, everything on open management had a green check beside it.  Under the logs it shows The TCM battery is operating normally 17:26:28 then, The TCM battery has failed 17:27:33 then the next log shows The TCM battery is operating normally 17:31:49 the next log shows The TCM battery has failed 17:34:19. The computer guy cleared the logs and rebooted the computer, however the amber warning came back and the logs are still showing this fail/operating normally pattern.  In open management under the battery tab it shows System Board CMOS Battery good with a green check. Under the PERC tab it shows battery- green check, connector 0 (RAID)- green check, connector 1 (RAID)- green check, firmware/driver versions- green check, virtual disks- green check.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a battery that is truly malfunctioning and if so which battery?  May I please have some assistance with this problem?

• 

6.2K Posts

February 21st, 2018 15:00

Hello

Please send a private message with your service tag to ensure we have all appropriate information on your system.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

February 22nd, 2018 09:00

Thank you for the service tag.

I'm not certain which battery it is referring. I am unable to find information about a TCM battery. I suspect the T in TCM stands for time, and the only thing the CMOS battery backs up is the system time. I suspect the error is in regard to the CMOS battery, but you can check the controller/TTY log for controller battery errors. The controller battery and CMOS should be the only two batteries in the system.

If you are unable to read the controller/TTY log then you can attach the file here or upload it somewhere and provide a URL. Do not paste complete logs into the forum.

Thanks

April 3rd, 2018 09:00

I am having the same issue. I have replaced the CR2032 battery and am still having the problem. I would like to know if maybe it requires a specific battery such as a lithium or some type of rechargeable battery. Screen shot of the Pass FailScreen shot of the Pass Fail

3 Posts

July 3rd, 2022 22:00

Hi Dell Support,

I have the same issue on our Dell PowerEdge T620.
There is an amber warning scrolling across the display on the PowerEdge T620 server. The warning says BAT0017 TCM battery has failed. Check battery. I tried to call Dell Contact Serivice but always busy.

As per information from Dell Website, this warning is critical
I need your help regarding this error, any advice on this ?

Many thanks,
ADanang

• 

3.1K Posts

July 4th, 2022 00:00

Hello @ADanang,

For this error, BAT0017, there is 2 possibility of root cause. If your server does have warranty contract it would be advisable to contact support for replacement, after diagnosis. If you have replaced the CMOS battery of the mainboard and cleared the hardware logs, if the error still persist, you will need to replace the mainboard. 

3 Posts

July 4th, 2022 00:00

Hi Joey,

Unfortunately, the warranty has expired.
Is it possible call Support for guide me to check? 

Many thanks,
ADanang

3 Posts

July 4th, 2022 02:00

Hi Joey,

Noted,I have tried to call this numbers 0062 2 1300 49399 (Toll) | 00604 607 2900 (Toll) Monday-Friday 9am-6pm but always busy.

Ok, I'll try to check the cmos battery first.

Many thanks,
ADanang

• 

3.1K Posts

July 4th, 2022 02:00

Hi @ADanang,

You may try contacting to check if they could help.

I may suggest trying replacing the coin cell battery first to check if it resolves the issue. 

No Events found!