Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2017 18:00

Problem getting Disk Faiure alerts from Blades

Hi,

We used to get disk failure alerts from our blades that are in m1000e chassis. That was done by checking all the Critical alerts on a chassis and ticking the email option.

Over the last 3 months or so we have not received any disk alerts. (Other critical chassis alerts come through fine). A couple of chassis firmware updates have been done in that time

So even if we pull out a disk now, we do not receive an alert.

What checkbox needs to be checked to make sure any disk alerts are sent from the chassis?

thx,

John Bradshaw

• 

8.5K Posts

March 1st, 2017 10:00

Bradje1,

I would start by verifying that the server is up to date on updates, as well as verify you are using the latest OpenManage Server Admin (OMSA), and the latest OpenManage Essentials (OME). When installing/updating OMSA verify that you also have Storage included in the install. Here is a whitepaper on configuring alerts with OME as well. 

Let me know how it goes.

743 Posts

March 1st, 2017 13:00

We have been using OMSA for several years now and never had an issue with it reporting disk problems. We are using 8.4.

But we are not getting Disk alerts....Even if we pop a disk out from a blade there is no email alert now from the Chassis.

Thx,

JB

743 Posts

March 7th, 2017 17:00

This is the drac setting which I think should be what is needed to trigger a Critical Disk alert. But just in case, all critical alerts have been selected.

But still no email alert when a disk has an issue. (As mentioned other alerts are coming fine).

• 

8.5K Posts

March 15th, 2017 13:00

Bradje1,

Verify that the driver and firmware are up to date on the BIOS, iDrac, as well as raid controller and drives on the Blade. This will ensure everything should be communicating correctly. 

If you specify the Blade I can help locate the updates for you.

No Events found!