Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

March 14th, 2018 08:00

R310 Drive caddies ?

Hi all,

Second time of trying.

I've include a couple of photos this time,

I using the standard caddie for an R310, but it won't slide home because of a rivet on the chassis.

.IMG_0215.JPG

Which caddies should I be using on this R310, my other R310 is fine !

Sorry 'bout the secondpic  being upside down.. it's fine on my PC!

Regards.

• 

6.2K Posts

March 14th, 2018 11:00

Hello

Please send a private message with your service tag to ensure we have all appropriate information on your system.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

March 15th, 2018 17:00

Thank you for the service tag.

I show the R310 was ordered as a cabled drive configuration. The part number for the cabled drive trays/carriers is:

Y446J

Thanks

5 Posts

March 17th, 2018 03:00

Hello,

We're finally getting to the bottom of this mystery, Thank you for the clarification and the supply the caddie information.

Somewhere along it's history, it's inherited a hotswap backplain and H200 (slowwwww....) controller before It fell into my hands.  Hence the confusion.

Is there a hotswap version of this type of caddie ?

Best Regards

Mark

• 

6.2K Posts

March 19th, 2018 09:00

From what I'm seeing the R310 is only available in 3.5". I have two 3.5" carriers listed for it.

SATA: X968D
SATAU: F238F

SAS and SATA drives have different mounting positions within a carrier. A carrier that is universal should have mounting points for both. A SATA only carrier should only have mounting points for a SATA drive.

Also, we do not sell carriers by themselves. Carriers are only available from us when purchased as part of a kit with a new drive.

Thanks

No Events found!