Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 15th, 2017 20:00

R710 Power edge Server HDD fault (RAID 5)

Hello friends,

We have dell poweredge R710 server with 3 x 500 gb SATA HDD configured RAID 5 without hotspare. Unfortunately 2 HDD's got fault yesterday and the server isn't booting up. It will take atleast a week or two to receive replacement HDD and it is a major server in our client environment. So, I tried to update the firmware to check whether this problem can be fixed or not. But update of this firmware failed saying apply bundles.sh is invalid. Tried several iso files but getting the same error. Can anyone advise that updating firmware has any possiblity to resolve this issue ? if yes, please give me the exact ISO file link.

Thanks     

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

December 16th, 2017 07:00

No, it doesn't.

Boot to the CTRL-R utility ... you will probably find that one or both of the disks are marked FOREIGN. On the VD MGMT screen, highlight the controller, hit F2, then IMPORT the foreign configuration. It will probably change one disk to online and leave the other as offline, which is fine, because you should be able to boot up at that point. If you still can't, but two disks are now ONLINE, then you may have OS corruption that needs to be repaired.

23 Posts

December 17th, 2017 04:00

Hi,

But in VD Mgmt it shows "Missing" . Please check the pictures here. HDD in slot 1 & 2 fault with Amber color. In this case, what should I do ? 
Please advise. 

No Events found!