Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 14th, 2013 15:00

Repository Manager - 64 bit downloads

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum....

How does one get 64 bit downloads for servers from Repository Mgr. ?

From the diagram below, if I select 64bit, then nothing comes up. I notice that the plug-in is only 32bit for Repository Mgr. Is there a 64 bit plug-in?

Thx,

John Bradshaw

3 Apprentice

• 

898 Posts

August 14th, 2013 15:00

the catalog does not carry 64 bit dups yet, that is coming later. there is not a 64 bit plugin at this time, I would need to check to see if one is coming.

743 Posts

August 14th, 2013 16:00

Thx Rey....Seems a bit odd though. 64 bit has been around a while now and I would have thought more popular than 32bit.

Cheers,

JB

3 Apprentice

• 

898 Posts

August 15th, 2013 16:00

The main difference here is that the DUPs we have been creating in the past contain 32 bit and 64 bit payloads, meaning that the drivers that are updated are either 32 bit or 64 bit as required by the operating system, but mostly 64 bit. The delivery mechanism, what we call the DUP framework, has historically run in either 32 bit or 64 bit operating systems. The creation of the 64 bit dups that we do have now are designed to only be run under a 64 bit OS, they will not run under a 32bit OS. Any DUPs that we create now will have either a 32 bit or a 64 bit framework, but the payload will be identical. So, unless you have a 64 bit OS that has Windows on WIndows (WOW) disabled, you don't need the 64 bit dups, the 32 bit dups will run fine and will deliver the same payload that the 64 bit dups would. There are some exceptions to this, some of the recently released 32 bit nic DUPs will not run under 64 bit OS's. The nic DUPs that are affected will present a message to indicate this. This will be corrected in future releases.

No Events found!