Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 27th, 2013 22:00

dell poweroff problem

In window8 dell n5110 does not hibernate or turn off when i give the command. when i give the command a black screen appears and the power button light, the sleep button light remain on. I have to then hold the power button in order to turn off my laptop. This started happening since yesterday. Before that it was working perfectly fine. Please help

1.5K Posts

May 29th, 2013 00:00

Hi umaraminchohan,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the video and it seems video is working fine. Please check it on a different browser or you can visit the link below for the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsY_FnyJzdo

Also, let us know the rest of the information asked in the initial post so we can advise you further. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

1.5K Posts

May 27th, 2013 23:00

Hi umaraminchohan,

Welcome to the community.

Please let us know if you have recently updated to Windows 8 and the issue occurred only in Windows 8. As the system worked earlier you can also perform the system restore following the steps in video below:

Kindly perform these steps and let us know the results, so we can advise you further.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

May 28th, 2013 08:00

video is't shown

May 29th, 2013 22:00

how can i install old verison of bios?

1.5K Posts

May 30th, 2013 00:00

Hi umaraminchohan,

BIOS version cannot be reverted to the older version on the system. BIOS and firmware upgrades are unlike the software updates which can be easily uninstalled.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

May 30th, 2013 06:00

i updated the bios that was not correctly updated then power light problem occure so now what can i do?

1.5K Posts

June 2nd, 2013 02:00

Hi umaraminchohan,

I appreciate the time and effort that you took to troubleshoot the issue. Please let us know the details of the issue you are facing with the system after updating the BIOS.

Kindly provide us with the detailed explanation which would help us understand and resolve this issue. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

June 3rd, 2013 22:00

dell n5110 does not hibernate or turn off when i give the command. when i give the command a black screen appears and the power button light remain on,. this occure  after updating the bios.

1.5K Posts

June 3rd, 2013 23:00

Hi umaraminchohan,

Thanks for providing us this information. Please let us know which command you use to put the system to hibernate or sleep.

Also, let us know if system was shipped with Windows 8 or have you upgraded the same. Let us know the model number for the video card installed on the system.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

No Events found!