Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

22 Posts

November 23rd, 2022 12:00

Cannot cancel ongoing job in iDRAC 9

Hi,

I have a strange issue. I have an R640 with 6 disks. It came with RAID-0 configured which I want to change it to RAID-5. In iDRAC storage page, I initiated to delete the RAID-0 but in the job queue, it's stuck at 1%. Then I realized it's in Lifecycle controller. So I exited it out and it rebooted. After waiting for 1/2 hour, it still shows 1% in iDRAC. So I proceeded to boot into RAID config page in the console, deleted the RAID-0 and created a RAID-5. After some time, RAID-5 was initalized successfully and the virtual disk shows it's ready for use. I then went back to iDRAC but it still shows the 1% pending job to delete the RAID-0. The option to cancel is disabled. iDRAC shows the disks are online but there is no virtual disk. To see if the virtual disk is available, I installed ESXi which was able to see the virtual disk. Now my concern is the pending job to delete the RAID-0 is stuck and it may come back at some point to erase my RAID-5. Is there a way to kill the job? I understand it's an I/O job that should be disrupted but in this case, it's no longer valid.

Thanks.

• 

3.7K Posts

November 23rd, 2022 18:00

Hi, thanks for choosing Dell. As far as I know, this is the action you can take: https://dell.to/3OuCJnO

No Events found!